Phases of The Moon

The next day we spent all day in the hotel room going over the spell Nathan was going to perform.

"So this spell is going to strengthen the bond between you and your twin. Once that happens you will be able to feel what part of the world he is in," Nathan said looking into my eyes.

"What are you going to do to me for the spell?" I asked softly as he opened the spell book.

"It says you will need to be at the place we do the spell, a few drops of blood and, a few hairs from your Lycan form," Nathan said as I nodded.

"Okay it just seems really easy," I said as Nathan laughed.

"It won't be easy for me and it could potentially kill you," he said his facing growing serious.

"Is that it?" I laughed nervously as he nodded. "I got this."

"No Sapphire, I got this," Nathan smiled as I sat on the bed. I pulled out the picture of my brother looking at it. He looked so happy that I felt bad for dragging him into this mess. He was going to get dragged through regardless but it still made me feel guilty this was soon to be his life.

"Am I wrong to look for him?" I asked looking up at Nathan pain evident in my chocolate eyes.

"No you aren't wrong. He needs the knowledge if he is going to stand a chance," Nathan said sitting next to me.

"I had knowledge and it didn't save me," I whispered as Nathan reached up wiping the lone tear from my cheek.

"Had you known your father was going to betray you it would have saved you," Nathan whispered, "there was no way you could have known the man who raised you would betray that trust." He looked into my eyes as I looked at him. His kind eyes that held no ill will toward me. He was risking his life for me and I hadn't even bothered to thank him.

"Nathan you are a great guy. Thank you for all of this," I said firmly as he smiled.

"Most people don't thank me," he said hugging me gently. I melted into his touch and I found myself wanting to stay like this forever but I knew it would be dark soon and we would have to go to the field for the ceremony. I stood up grabbing my booty shorts and the long draped tank top. I walked into the bathroom changing into the black shorts and the blue top. I walked out grabbing the gun making sure it was loaded.

"Are we going now?" I asked softly as Nathan nodded. I followed his to the SUV driving down the road. We arrived at the clearing walking to the middle as the last rays of the sun ducked behind the trees. We stood in the clearing as Nathan got everything read including the ceremonial knife. I felt my heart racing inside of my chest as I watched him hold the knife.

"Sapphire you ready?" Nathan asked as I stepped toward him. I stood next to him as he started chanting. He took my hand poking my thumb with the blade. I winced giving a little whimper of displeasure. He squeezed my thumb over the golden bowl. Three drops dropped into the murky liquid before I shifter into my Lycan form. I felt my senses become heightened as I stood next to Nathan my dark almost black fur billowing in the breeze. He reached over ripping out a chunk of my fur. I held back the growl rising in my throat as he dropped the fur in. I saw a flash followed by excruciating pain radiating through my body. I gasped as the connection I felt magnified. It could feel him and he was close. He was in California but it was San Francisco not San Diego. I shifter back into my human form facing Nathan with I smiled.

"I found him," I gasped when suddenly I smelt blood. I spun around seeing Chad standing over one of Nathan's guys. I gripped the gun behind my back as I looked at Chad who was seconds from going full of Lycan.

"Come with me and no harm will come to Nathan," Chad ordered. I felt my Lycan fighting against his order. He is more superior than I am so it took all my strength not to give it.

"Chad leave while we let you," Nathan growled causing a malicious smile to form on Chad's face.

"Chad please don't do this," I begged on the verge of tears. He hurt me but at the end of the day he was the one person who I don't hate yet.

"Then come with me princess," he said causing confusion to hit me.

"Did you call me princess?" I asked as he looked at me.

"Until you are dead you are a princess if you will," Chad said as Nathan looked at him.

"If I'm Royalty why are you going to kill me? I haven't broken any laws so you can't touch me," I snapped harshly as Chad stiffened.

"She's right isn't she?" Nathan laughed as Chad reached for him. I stepped with such precision than Chad wasn't even close to touching Nathan.

"That maybe true but the only reason you aren't dead is she just blocked you. If she comes we won't hurt you. Our laws don't extend to witches," Chad snapped as I scanned the edge of the clearing. I could tell we were completely surrounded and out numbered.

"Nathan," I said facing him. "Find my brother."

"What do you mean?" He asked as my heart dropped.

"We are out numbered even if they leave me I couldn't keep you safe," I said tears dripping from my eyes. I kissed his cheek before following Chad across the clearing. Chad took my arm leading me through the woods until we met Drake.

"Good you're here," he smiled as Danielle looked at me. It was clear we weren't going to be friends but Drake looked power hungry. "You have a crown to wear showing your status. Unlike me and Danielle you will have a crown."

"How nice," I said and he put the golden crown on my head before I got in the car. I sat down as tears rushed down my face. I was walking into the lions den to be slaughtered. I knew I wasn't going to last long but if I can keep the people I care about safe it's worth it always...