Princess

I stepped out of the car as everyone looked at me whispers traveling around the courtyard. I spotted Nate who had his mouth hung open. I followed Drake inside the house. Once the door was shut he face him.

"The only reason you are alive is the leaders in the other pack forbade your death unless you do something that endangers us. They said you are technically Royal seeing as two alphas created the first Gemini," Drake said as Danielle stood in front of me glaring.

"I don't want her staying here!" Danielle snapped as tears pooled in my eyes.

"I don't want to be here I want to be with Nathan but you said you guys would kill him so here I am," I snapped back as I felt a flash of pain. I missed Nathan but it was the only way to save him.

"You lied to me about the Gemini and you expect me to trust you?!" She demanded as I gasped.

"Think about it this way. You all were talking about killing the Lycans who you have said something if you were me?!" I said as she frowned knowing I was right. "What exactly do you want with me?"

"A figurehead and a really good weapon," Drake said as I gasped. They wanted to parade me around at formal functions like the Beta.

"Fine," I said as he grabbed my arm. "What?"

"Your room is where the study used to be. Get dressed in a dress there is a party in your honor tonight," Drake said as I walked up to what now was my room. I knew I wasn't safe here but I didn't see any other choice. I walked into my room finding a silk sky blue dress. I pulled it on the fabric stopping at mid-thigh. It had a plunging neck line and thin straps. I looked it the mirror with sad eyes. I pulled the silver high heeled strap shoes on before fixing my hair into a draped side ponytail. I curled it before pinning my crown on my head. I spun as I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I said with a sad smile.

"Oh honey you're home!" My dad smiled causing me to step away from him.

"Don't touch me," I said firmly as he stopped cold.

"I didn't mean for this to happen," he said as I sighed.

"Just like you didn't tell me to kill my own brother," I said with sadness spreading through my heart with each passing moment.

"I screwed up please forgive me Sapphire," he said his eyes pleading. I thought of Nathan in this moment wishing he was here. He would know what to do. I looked away tears threatening to descend from my eyes.

"I need time," I said my voice trembling.

"Fine I will give you space," and with that he walked out of the room. I pulled it together when I heard someone walk in. I turned finding Nate.

"Nate," I said softly as he looked me over.

"I heard that you are one of the Gemini Lycans. I wanted to tell you it didn't change my opinion of you. I have cared for you since you came here and I will continue to," Nate said causing my mouth to drop. He liked me no matter what people said about me.

"Nate that means a lot to me!" I said rushing forward pressing my lips against his firmly. His hands instantly on my waist as he relaxed into the kiss heat washing over me with each passing second. I was pulling from the kiss when Drake walked in.

"Wow," he said motioning me over. "I see you found a strong match."

"Can Nate escort me to the party?" I asked as he nodded.

"Fine I'll go get Danielle," Drake said walking away. I faced Nate a small smile playing at the corner of my lips. I found myself forgetting everything that happened as I began my journey closer to Nate. The pain dulled my the passion I had for Nate and as we stared at each other I didn't care that I was a prisoner. I took his arm making our way to the top of the stairs leading toward the ballroom. Danielle and Drake stood just in front of us to announce me to the pack.

"Today we join here in honor of one girl who could mean the end to every threat facing us as Lycans," Danielle said as everyone grew silent.

"Please welcome one of our Gemini Lycans Sapphire," Drake yelled as the doors were pulled open Nate leading us inside. We paused on the balcony as I waved. I kept up my fake happiness as everyone clapped and cheered. "Not bad princess."

"Don't call me that," I whispered firmly while keeping the smile on my face.

"You need to get used to your title because it will be used frequently," Danielle said as I sighed.

"Fine," I said as Nate lead me down the stairs and to the dance floor. I faced him his hands on my waist as we swayed to the music. I smiled at him as we swayed.

"What happened when you left? I asked Drake and Chad but neither will say," Nate asked as I looked into his blue eyes.

"Um I went with Chad in search of my brother. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when we found him but I knew I had to save him. Chad figured out who I was. He kissed me to get the knife and while I was distracted he stabbed me. I got away and found Nathan. He protected me as best he could for a witch. They caught up and threatened Nathan so I left with them," I said softly as his tears pooled in his ocean blue eyes.

"I'm sorry you got hurt. Did you find your brother?" Nate asked causing me to wince at the thought. "You don't have to tell me," he said sensing my pain.

"I know where he is but I haven't gone there yet. I can feel him, he is happy right now," I said holding back tears. "He deserves a normal life for as long as possible." If only I could have a normal life but I'm a Lycan Princess...