Chapter 5: just a minute

BI POV
Our day started as early as 8am. Once we reached the TV station and placed our belongings in our waiting room. We were outside for the next few hours. There were never-ending rehearsals after rehearsals, fittings, photoshoots and interviews.

We were beyond exhausted when we finally stepped into our waiting room for a break. However, something about the waiting room was different from the first time we entered it.

Nope, it's not only the beautiful girl standing in the room smiling at us, it's not only the exclamations from the members, it's the entire room that's different!

There were countless colorful helium balloons on the ceiling and the whole room was decorated with with pictures of us: selfies we have taken during practices, screenshots from the WIN program we were on, and photos we did not even know existed. Large words were also printed on the wall 'have fun on stage, you guys are already the winner'.

"Wow Chohee, you've really prepared a lot!" Bobby grinned.

"YES OMG this is daebak!" Yunhyeong and Junhoe chirped.

"It really is a pleasant surprise" I said to her.

"Group huggggg!" Jinhwan called out and we all enveloped her in a hug. She was squeezed in the middle of our circle and we only moved apart when she complained of not being able to breathe.

We rested for a while, and soon we had to put on makeup and changed into our costume. Time was passing really quickly and soon the staff were already calling for the final rehearsal with the emcees, Daesung and Yoo Inna sunbaenim.

It was the last time we were going to see Chohee, and it was obvious that she was super anxious. She kept shaking and fiddling with her fingers.

Chohee POV
Omg omg why am I so nervous. I'm not even the one performing. The boys have put in so much effort and they were really good.

The time for them to leave the room came. Hanbin came and placed his hand on my shoulders, "yah don't worry so much, we aren't even as nervous as you!"

"Chohee watch us and feel proud that you're our friend!" Junhoe exclaimed.

"Nice try to praise yourself!" Jinhwan slapped Junhoe's head lightly.

I laughed. It was good that they were able to joke, it means that he was calm and confident for the final match. They said a prayer together and left the room with a happy heart. I walked out of the waiting room with them. Wishing them all the best for the final time.

"Erm Chohee, can I... can I..." Bobby mumbled as he walked back towards me.

"Yeah? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, wondering what could be the problem for him to leave his members right before he match.

In one quick motion, I was engulfed by Bobby in his arms. He hugged me tightly as if his life depended on it.

"Just a minute," he whispered softly. Although I was taken aback, I knew he just needed comfort for the upcoming performance. All of them must be just pretending to be calm. I gently patted his back, waiting for him to feel better.

A wave of dark red hair appeared at the corner of my eye. My eyes met into those of Hanbin. He gave a small smile signaling me to break the hug soon as they are rushing for time to go on stage.

"Bobby oppa, it's time to go. Don't worry so much. I will be watching y'all from the back stage!" I gave him one last squeeze before withdrawing myself and pushing him forward.

"Good luck!" I screamed one last time before they were out of my sight.

------------------------

Time flew by really quickly. Before we knew it, the recording started and the boys were performing on the stage. 'Just Another Boy' and the dance battle by the boys were tremendously fun and they seemed like they were really enjoying themselves. Team A had great performances too, making it hard to determine who the clearer victor was.

It was time for the last stage of the night. I focused on the boys'final stage- their self composed song 'Climax'.

When Donghyuk played the piano, the beautiful music notes danced in the air,pulling everyone along into the sentimental atmosphere.

Bobby started rapping.

You showed up in my dream last night
You looking more old, I couldn't recognize you
I was scared that this might become a reality
I made a promise in your arms before I left
That I will wait for you getting a house
You get old, you get old.
Why have you become more beautiful getting older
It made me not able to recognize you, my bad mother.

I felt my heart wrenching. Bobby's rap was filled with feelings, his love for his mother and how much he missed her.

The song continued with the other members singing and soon after it was BI's turn to rap.

3 years that I've run in my bare feet, devoting my youth, uh
Detached good-byes with
my friends and family, uh

I hadn't realize I was already crying as tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably. The music stopped and BI was rapping without any accompaniment. The hall was filled with his voice, his sincerity, all of him.

God asked me if I won't regret
I answered without any hesitation, why I would regret
I bet everything and there is no next
My determination which is like no one else's

I wasn't the only one crying. The fans were crying. 2NE1, Epik High, and even Mr Yang were tearing up.

Even if right now is the last for me
I sing not to regret,
I sing and sing
Yeah We Flyin tonight
Flyin tonight
Flyin tonight
Flyin

Junhoe's strong and sentimental voice continued. It was perfect, leaving me in tears once again.

And that was the last performance for the finals. What's left is only waiting for the results. I wanted to speak to the boys but I knew I shouldn't disturb them now. Filming was still ongoing and I shouldn't be crashing their shooting now. I stood at the side-line, watching them and sending my best wishes silently.