Chapter 34: jealousy

Chohee POV
Weeks passed and the boys continued with their evaluations and filming for M&M. I have not visited the boys in their house for a long time, as it was still awkward between Hongseok and I.

I had asked the boys to let bygones be bygones since they still had to work together for M&M and my problem should not affect their performance.

Mr Yang has been dropping hints that it was time for me to study abroad in Japan. I had been procrastinating too long and I knew it was time for me to leave.

I couldn't bear to leave my group of best friends and especially Hanbin. Should I go? Or should I ask Mr Yang to pull me out of the study program?

I have decided that I would have a talk with the boys before making a choice.

As I walked towards Team BI's practice room, I heard female voices coming out from the room.

"Hanbin-ah, I really tried very hard to guide him. What more do you want me to dooooo?" Lee Hi tried to do aegyeo on Hanbin.

"Lee Hi noona, you're always stuck to Hanbin hyung, when have you taught Hongseok hyung anything?" Donghyuk said sarcastically.

"Hayi-ah, we are not going to change the song so we really have to do this well." BI doesn't seem to be aware of Lee Hi's flirting as he was too focused on his work.

That's my hardworking BI.

"Oh look! It's my good friend Chohee!!" Lee Hi chirped excitedly as she came forward to pull me into the studio once she caught me lurking at the door.

"I miss you so much!" She hugged me tightly. The last time I checked, I hated her. Since when were we buddies?

"Chohee why don't you stay behind and watch one round of our rehearsal?" Lee Hi suggested and I politely accepted.

They were singing to a remixed version of Let it Go, which was arranged by BI. I really liked this hip hop version of the song, but I was too distracted to enjoy it.

The stares between BI and Lee Hi were so intense when they were singing, as if they were a couple. Lee Hi would take any chance she has to place her arms around BI. They were very touchy. Very.

"Hanbin is really so talented! He is my idol!" Lee Hi cheered as she grabbed onto BI's arms. She calls BI by his real name? Are they that close?

"Hayi, you are my sunbae. How could I be your idol?" BI laughed humbly.

"You are that wonderful in my eyes, Hanbinie." Lee Hi gazed into his eyes.

Ew, I am severely grossed out and maybe... a teenie weenie bit jealous.

"Anyway since there are so many people here, I would like you to be my witnesses." Lee Hi said. I seem to be getting a bad omen from this.

"Hanbin-ah, will you be my boyfriend because I think I am falling for you." Without hesitation, Lee Hi stepped forward and gave a kiss on the lips.

The whole room was shocked. Donghyuk, Hongseok and I stood there speechless. That was something we didn't see coming.

"Lee Hayi! What are you doing?!" BI removed Lee Hi from himself and yelled.

"Don't reject me just because there are many people here Hanbinie. I know you have feelings for me too. You're always flirting with me when we are alone." Lee Hi winked at BI, and turned to look at me with a smug face.

What exactly was happening? Regardless of whether Lee Hi's words were true or not, I already felt as if my heart was ripped into pieces.

Hanbin was at a loss and he immediately stared into my eyes worriedly when he regained his sanity.

He looked very panicked and he quickly tried to explain the situation. "Chohee-ah, this is not like what it looks like."

"Why are you explaining these to her? She's not related to you in any way." Lee Hi argued angrily, trying to get BI's attention on her.

"I better not disturb you guys anymore. Annyeong." I said coldly and left the room. Before I closed the door I heard people calling my name but I was too hurt to look back.

"Chohee!" Bobby bumped into me when I was running up the stairs.

"What happened? Why are you crying??" Bobby caught me in his arms to stop me from running away.

"Bobby oppa, I don't know why but my heart hurts."

I let the tears flow out uncontrollably as I told him the story of what happened earlier and how Hanbin did not even run out to catch up with me.

"I didn't know this could be so painful... I never thought I would admit the feelings I have towards him..."

"Silly Chohee, you should know Hanbin better. Do you think he will like Lee Hi?"

"I don't know..."

"Then I'm telling you now, he doesn't and he wouldn't."

"Bobby oppa, mianhae. I think your heart should have hurt as much as what I'm feeing now when I rejected you last time."

"Don't mention it. It's all in the past now. So what are you going to do with BI now?"

"Actually oppa, Mr Yang had asked me to study abroad in Japan. I was going to let you guys know today."

"WHAT!"

"I have been pushing it back for months, and I think it's the time for me to go. It will be good to leave here for a moment, after all the dramatic incidents. Yang Hongseok and now Lee Hi..."

"Just tell me truthfully, are you leaving because of what happened today?" He asked seriously.

"No,"

"Alright, I trust you. Then when are you leaving? For how long?"

"I'm leaving two days later. As for the duration, I'm still not sure. Could be a few months or years?" I shrugged my shoulders.

Bobby stared at me speechless, saddened by my sudden news.

"It is Mr Yang's decision, I have to leave. But after this incident, I guess I would not feel as sad when taking the airplane away." A tear rolled down my cheek but I still faked a smile.

"Chohee, are you-"

"I'm fine Bobby oppa, who am I to him anyway? I'm just a friend, nothing more. Oppa, just help me keep this secret until when I get on the airplane."