Chapter 39: unexpected twist

Chohee POV
"OMG I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!"

"What?" I blurted out loud by accident.

"You two are the most talented young songwriters I have ever seen! You two are so compatible! I have waited for y'all to realize the feelings you have for each other!" Mr Yang cheered

That was something very unexpected. I have never seen this side of Mr Yang before, as he was always the strict mentor.

He could be kind and warm at times, but I have never seen him this happy before. It was as if he was almost going to cry tears of joy!

He shook our hands and wished us congratulations for getting together.

"Hanbin ah, I treat Chohee like a daughter, please take good care of her. Chohee, trust Hanbin that he will be able to give you happiness." Mr Yang placed our hands together.

"But Mr Yang, aren't you worried about BI's fans?"

"I believe you will try your best to keep it down. Even if it gets out, I'll just introduce you as a close friend of iKON. It can be arranged." Mr Yang winked and left us alone in the room.

"Mr Yang is so cool!" I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding on to.

"Thanks Chohee, I know that I'm a very cool president." Mr Yang entered the room again.

"Chohee, be thankful that he overheard you saying something nice!" BI laughed at me.

My face burned in embarrassment. "Are you ganging up with Mr Yang against me?" I hit BI's arms hard.

"Chohee come find me in the office after your love fights, we need to discuss your future projects." With that Mr Yang really left us in the room. We double-checked to make sure that he was really gone this time.

"Chohee, we are having our debut concert later on today. You will be coming right?"

"Of course, I will be there to support you guys." I smiled.

"Can you buy some food along, and help us gather our costumes and..."

"Yah, you just want me to go be your servant isn't it?"

"Well, we could see each other more often if you use the excuse of running errands for us." He pulled me closer to him by the waist.

"Smart move, but I gotta go now! See you tonight!" I jumped out of his arms and walked out of the room to meet Mr Yang.

-----------------------

"Good luck boys!" I cheered for them before they left the waiting room to go on stage again. After performing a few songs, they were now about to play games with the audience.

"Chohee noona, you better not watch the live broadcast now." Donghyuk shouted before leaving the room.

Turns out, they got a female fan from the crowd and played couple games together. Hanbin was awkward with the female fan he had chosen but nonetheless, I was jealous of the girl on stage because I knew for sure, I would never be able to stand on stage with BI acting like a couple. And that girl just did what I had always dreamt about.

When they returned after the end of the entire concert, the boys were already exhausted.

I passed them bottles of water and towels for them to wipe their sweat. Everyone gathered as they sat on the sofa and chairs around the resting area. I was sitting beside Hanbin on the two-seater sofa.

"It was such a fun night, and I'm really surprised by the number of fans who came today!" Yunheong said.

"Hanbin hyung, you enjoyed the game part with the fans, didn't you?" Chanwoo teased.

"You evil maknae! Stop sprouting nonsense!" BI quickly covered Chanwoo's mouth with his hands.

"Yeah, Chohee!! BI hyung was so happy that he was grinning from ear to ear during that segment!" Junhoe added.

"They kept talking even when they were standing by the side waiting for their turn!" Bobby joked.

"Yah you bastards stop making things up!!" BI frantically waved his hands in front of me. It was hard, but I maintained a straight face throughout, acting like I believed in the members' words.

"Chohee, you're not jealous or angry, are you?" He asked.

"Well, I don't think the boys will lie to me. They have been acting as my spies so I should trust them."

"They are really bullshitting you, that was just a random fan I called up. There's nothing more between us!!" BI was so anxious and frustrated that I suddenly felt bad for him.

"I was just teasing you along with them, I trust you Hanbin!" I laughed.

"You sneaky person! I'm going to get my revenge!" BI hooked his arms around my neck and pulled my head down to his lap in a headlock. He then started poking my sides and tickling me like there's no tomorrow.

I squirmed in his grip until he finally stopped. I lay on his lap, looking up at his face and admiring how handsome he looked. He slowly lowered his face nearer to mine but I managed to roll away onto the ground fast enough before he could attack my lips.

"Don't come near me, you're so stinky and sweaty now!" I brushed and straightened my clothes as I stood up.

"Mr and Mrs Kim, there's Chanwoo here who's not of legal age yet!!" Bobby shouted from his seat while covering the maknae's eyes.

That earned a hearty laugh from everyone as they packed up to leave for home.