Chapter 32: missing

Chohee POV
Since morning, I had been busy meeting up with the songwriters to discuss plans for upcoming events when my phone rang. It was a call from Yunhyeong.

"Annyeong Yunhyeong oppa, what's up?"

"Have you seen Hanbin today? He left home earlier than us today but he is not appearing for our shoot now."

"No I have not seen him yet today." I began to get a little worried.

"Oh, that's bad. He told Jinhwan hyung yesterday that he wanted to run away from reality for a moment but we didn't know he actually meant it since he was always complaining."

"Are you sure he isn't just late?"

"Hanbin is never late, and his phone has been unavailable for the whole morning. Everyone is really worried for him. Can you help us?"

"Don't worry so much, you guys continue with your filming and practice. I'll go find him now, I'm free this afternoon." I ended the call with Yunhyeong and dialed Hanbin's number, but was met with the message that his number was currently unavailable.

I searched the entire company but he was nowhere in sight. Where could he be? Seoul was so big, where should I start my search?

I visited his parent's home immediately, hoping that he would visit home since he was so tired with work.

"Oh, it's Chohee! What a surprising guest!" Mrs Kim welcomed me with a small hug.

"Hello Mrs Kim, has Hanbin been home today or has he called you today?"

"He wasn't home, but he did give me a call a few hours ago."

"What did he say?" I asked urgently.

"He mentioned something about being very stressed and he cried about his SMTM stage. He told me not to worry if the company called to report that he went missing. He just needed some alone time."

"Did he tell you where he went?"

"He said he was somewhere around Mangwon district, in one of his childhood hideouts but I wasn't sure of where he was referring to."

"It's okay, thank you Mrs Kim, I'll come over some day with Hanbin for dinner if you don't mind."

"Of course we welcome you! Hanbyul misses you a lot too!" She said warmly.

"Goodbye Mrs Kim!" With that, I bare Mrs Kim farewell.

I continued my search for stupid BI. I understood that he needed a break but I just wanted to make sure that he was safe. What if he got too stressed and resorted to doing silly things?? Without hesitation, I took a cab and head towards Mangwon district.

I started to panic. I searched high and low for him in playgrounds, the beaches and anywhere that came to my mind, which was possibly his childhood hideout.

It was already 4pm in the evening and I was feeling tired. I was at a park searching for BI. I just walked wherever my legs brought me to.

As I approached a bench to take a rest, I noticed a familiar back view of someone with reddish brown hair. Hanbin was sitting on the bench alone, writing things in a notebook.

I didn't come here to force him to return to Seoul. I knew he needed an escape from all the work and stress. I stood under a tree and looked over at him, not sure if I should approach him or not.

Suddenly I heard him singing. Was he composing a song here where's hes comfortable and relaxed?

Even if you don't say anything,
I have a feeling
From your head to your toes, everything
You're my type

And he stopped.

"Did I run too far away this time for her to find me? But she always appear in my most emotional states?" he mumbled to himself.

Does BI have someone he likes already? He was singing to a love song and then suddenly misses some girl? My heart felt as if a thousand knives pierced through it.

I was too afraid of getting hurt hence I never had the courage to admit that I was falling for BI. I was too careless to miss out the fact that one day BI will find his dream girl too. I always thought that we would be together forever as friends.

But now, it hurts.

I took a step back, not wanting to interrupt him in his lovesick moments. But then at the most crucial moment when I wanted to run away, I stepped on a twig and it made BI turned around in shock.

"Erm, hi?" I awkwardly laughed and bowed my head down in embarrassment

"You have been standing here all along?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I... Errrr... didn't want to interrupt you, I just wanted to make sure you were safe."

"So you heard everything I said previously?"

"No, I didn't hear anything about you and your girlfriend. Annyeong, I'll get going first if you don't want me here." I quickly walked away before he could say another thing.

"Wait, don't go." I felt arms wrapped across my waist.