Chapter 13: someone she can trust

Chohee POV
"Alright silly Chohee, let's go back or the boys are going to be worried," Bobby gently said as he removed his arms around me.

We walked back along the beach in silence as awkwardness filled the air. I felt sorry for rejecting him but I couldn't help it since I really didn't feel anything more than friendship for him.

"Did anything happen between you and your ex-boyfriend?" Bobby asked casually. I knew I could trust him enough to tell him what happened. I would tell any of the boys if they asked me.

"Mmhm, his name is Kim Taehyung, and he was my childhood friend. We grew up together and were always together as best friends." I started.

"You guys seem very close since young," he commented.

"Yeah... But one day, he confessed to me and we started going out. But ever since then, we had many disagreements and conflicts. Eventually, he broke up with me to join an entertainment company as a trainee. We didn't even last for half a year." I sighed at that memory.

"You must be very saddened when you broke up. Chohee, do you perhaps... still like him?"

"I just miss our friendship, but I wouldn't know how to talk to him again. Especially after he broke me so badly." I laughed bitterly.

"Oh he debuted? What is his group called?"

"Bangtan Boys, also known as BTS. They are under Big Hit Entertainment."

"I know them, they just debuted this year. Small company but they are gaining much popularity."

"Okay let's drop this topic. By the way, do the boys know about this?" I decided to change the topic. There was nothing more to share about my relationship with Taehyung.

"Erm, yes they know. Gosh, it's going to be awkward later when we return."

"I'm really sorry Bobby oppa for not being able to return your feelings, but promise you we will always be best friends okay!"

"Yes Chohee, stop thinking about it, we're cool."

"Alright, then here we are, the boys must be so eager to see the two of us return," I laughed.

"Chohee, how about we prank them? We pretend we are together and let them cringe with cheesiness?"

"Yes that's a great idea! But is that really okay with you? I don't want you to feel sad again."

"I suggested the idea, of course I would be alright with it. Come on, let's prank them real hard!" He grabbed my hand and we approached the boys who were sitting around the dinner table.

BI POV
Chohee and Bobby finally returned after spending an hour away from us. Bobby's confession took really long, are they a couple now? Well, most probably yes since they are smiling at each other lovingly and had their finger intertwined together.

"Hello we are back!" Bobby greeted, and slowly brought up their intertwined hands to show everybody.

The boys erupted into cheers before Yunheong suddenly cursed. "Oh damn, we have to stand these two love birds in front of us!"

"I can't joke and flirt with noona anymore," Donghyuk cried.

"Of course, she's my princess now. Right, jagiya?" Bobby asked Chohee.

"Of course, darling!" Chohee replied as she hooked her arms behind Bobby's neck and looked into his eyes.

My heart felt as though it was slashed a hundred times.

"Oh my god, stop it you two!" Jinhwan threw a paper cup onto Bobby;s back.

"Hey Jinhwan oppa, don't hurt my baby Bobby oppa!" Chohee chided.

Baby Bobby? My heart was slashed a thousand times by now.

"Oh stop stop stop this cheesiness, I'm leaving this two." Junhoe said as he turned to walk away.

"I'm leaving too, have a good night everyone!" Donghyuk left, followed by Jinhwan and Yunheong.

Wait, I'm left alone with the girl I like and her new boyfriend, who is my best friend. My heart was torn more than a million times.

"Congratulations? I guess that's what I should say. Okay good night, bye!" I rambled and left.

Suddenly, the duo erupted into fits of laughter. It was so loud and sudden that the boys, who were not far away, turned back to see. Chohee and Bobby laughed till there were tears in their eyes.

"Plan success!" Bobby cheered and he high-fived Chohee, who was also on all smiles.

"Oh tell me you didn't purposely prank us to disgust us with your cheesiness Kim Jiwon!!" Jinhwan yelled.

"Yah the two of you idiots!" Yunheong started throwing paper cups at the 'couple' and the other members followed.

Bobby held out his hand to block the paper cups from hurting Chohee, and said "Yah, it was just a joke! We aren't together!"

"Hyung you got us so worried that our gang would be awkward in the future!" I scolded.

"Mianhae, but thankfully all is well now!" Bobby answered.

"Wait, so you two aren't a couple?" Junhoe asked uncertainly.

"Yep, I got rejected and friendzoned." Bobby tried to hide his sadness but it wasn't hard to see through it having known him for years.

"Hey Bobby oppa..." Chohee wasn't able to complete her sentence.

"Don't apologise again, we're cool now remember? Best friends?" He replied, earning Chohee's nods.

With that Chohee returned to her tent while the boys stayed up late to chit chat. We helped Bobby to release all the stress and negative emotions he had been holding in in front of Chohee.

Bobby was heartbroken and very depressed at the rejection, but he understood Chohee's point of view. Well, it is true that we cannot control someone else's feelings, love is something we cannot force upon others.

Bobby told us the story of Chohee and her ex-boyfriend. It is highly possible that Chohee would not get into a relationship anymore and it is really up to someone special to help her learn how to love again. She needs to meet someone she can trust in order for her to fall in love again.