Chapter 19: Christmas party!

Chohee POV
I wore my reindeer hoodie and jeans before heading out of the house. Bobby had agreed to ride his bicycle over to my house to send me to their dorm.

"Oh, Hanbin! I thought Bobby oppa was coming over instead?" I greeted as I climbed onto the bike behind him.

"He was in charge of cooking dinner today so he sent me here instead." He started cycling away abruptly. I was shocked and I almost fell off the bike.

I quickly grabbed his shirt and wrapped my arms around him to save my dear life. Wait doesn't this scene look a little familiar? I suddenly remembered that time when we were playing basketball and I accidentally backhugged him. My cheeks blushed hard; deja vu is making me really uncomfortable now.

I slowly released my arms around him and hit his back hardly.

"Yah, how can you not give any warning before riding off?" I scolded.

"You better hold on to me again before you really fall off this time!" With that he sped off again. I was going to puke from his F1 style of cycling.

Without any accidents, we reached their home fast enough. Unnecessarily fast.

"You're gonna regret teasing me like this Kim Hanbin!" I smirked as I entered the house. I would just disturb him slightly by giving his Mickey Mouse cap to someone else.

Christmas carols could be heard once I entered the house. The Christmas tree was set up with presents under it. Decorations could be seen everywhere in the house. On the dinner table, a huge turkey was nicely roasted and ready to be eaten.

"Welcome Chohee and sorry I couldn't fetch you, I was busy roasting the turkey! Those kids cannot be trusted you know?"

"Hey hyung how could you say that when we did not even try!" Donghyuk retorted.

"It's okay Bobby oppa, it doesn't matter who fetches me as long as I get my free transport." I shrugged my shoulders.

We all gathered to have our dinner and sing along to the Christmas carols as they were played in the background.

Afterwards we had our gift exchange sessions. Everyone who received their gift from their respective Santas had different responses.

"Yah BI, I already have a black Supreme cap!" Jinhwan pouted.

"Omg, limited edition lip gloss thank you Jinhwan hyung!" Yunheong said ecstatically.

"I got a new basketball ball from Yunheong hyung!" Donghyuk chirped.

"Thanks Donghyuk I really like this alarm clock, it is so pink and girly..." Bobby said sarcastically.

"Bobby hyung isn't this your old wallet? This is so ridiculous of you." Junhoe said irritated.

"Yah Goo Junhoe why would I need this cook book??" I asked dumbfounded after I opened my present.

"It's for you to learn more dishes so that you can cook for us in the future!" Junhoe replied proudly.

Everyone was looking at me expectantly. This was the last gift exchange of the day, or so they thought. Nobody knew about the tumblers that I had gotten for all of them.

"Merry Christmas, Hanbin oppa!" I handed him a nicely wrapped gift. I specially bought Mickey Mouse wrapping paper for his gift. I can't believe I spent so much effort and thoughts for this.

He opened the gift carefully, afraid to destroy his beloved Mickey wrapping paper. I seriously think he was going to keep the wrapping paper as well.

"Omg Chohee isn't this the cap we saw at the mall that day?" BI exclaimed loudly and happily with a child-like grin on his face.

"Wait, you guys went on a date at the mall?" Bobby asked us confused.

"Alone?" Junhoe added.

"Without us?" Donghyuk continued.

"No, we met at the mall coincidentally." I replied quickly, waving my hands frantically to stop them from having any wrong thoughts.

"I smell something fishy going on between the two of you." Jinhwan said suspiciously.

"Yah don't overthink! I have another surprise for everyone!" I gave all of them their personalized tumblers and they were elated at the thoughtful gift. They all forgot about teasing BI and I.

The party ended up as a sleepover as we played board games and watched a few movies related to Christmas. It was 2am when everyone finally fell asleep on the floor.

-----------------

The next morning, the boys woke up excitedly as they were finally going home! They left early in the morning and I bade them goodbye, as they were all anxious to return to their parents. Hanbin was the last to leave together with me.

"Aren't you going home?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I am going home of course."

"No as in, to your parents' home?"

"They aren't around, not anymore." I ended hesitantly and sadly.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. Although we are pretty close but we rarely talk about your family I realized."

"No, I'm fine. There's nothing much to talk about anyway."

"Alright, let's send you home now." He said as we reached the ground level of their apartment block.

"Your home is the opposite direction you know. You can send me home another day."

"Okay, bye Chohee!"

I fished out my phone from my pocket and began scrolling through SNS accounts. Everybody seems to be happy after reuniting with their families.

BEEP. BEEEEEEP. Am I hearing something?

I look up to see a big blue truck coming my way. Much as I wanted to run away, my feet weren't listening to my brain. I stood there frozen in shock.