Chapter 22: hello 2014

Chohee POV
Time flew past quickly. Goodbye 2013, hello 2014.

We had a great countdown party at the rooftop of my apartment block as it had a splendid view of the fireworks. We saw the first sunrise of 2014 together and set our New Year resolutions.

A new year meant new challenges ahead of us for us to overcome and also new achievements that we will have.

For me, things are still the same. I continued writing songs for special projects. Journalists have asked me for interviews before and I was getting more and more attention from the public.

"Chohee, you getting more and more famous hmm..." Mr Yang said during one of our meetings.

"It's all thanks to you sir, for arranging interviews for me."

"Do you want to be an artist, you can surely succeed with your talents." He asked.

"No sir," I waved my arms frantically. "I'm really more of a backstage person."

"Alright, I'll respect your decision. You're my favorite songwriter, I wouldn't want you to busy yourself with all the trainings to be an idol anyway."

"Thank you Mr Yang, I'll get going then."

I was on my way to the canteen at the company when someone patted my shoulder.

"Mino oppa! Long time no see!" I cheered.

"Hello Chohee, shall we have lunch together?"

We haven't spoken for months after the YG camping trip so I agreed to this mini catch up session.

"Let me take a photo with you to show off to the boys!" He snapped a selfie of the two of us and sent it to the boys of Team A and B. Within seconds there were many replies.

Taehyun: Wow hyung, congrats! You finally found yourself a girl who is willing to have lunch with you.

Jinhwan: MINO HYUNG CHOHEE IS OURSSSSS

Seunghoon: I thought you guys don't see Chohee that way? ;-)

Jinhwan: CHOHEE IS A BIG NO NO!!!!!!!!!

Mino: Chill Jinhwan, we're just having lunch :P

"They are very protective of you, aren't they?" Mino said.

"Mmhm, I've been in a bad relationship before so they know that I'm not comfortable with romance now."

"Are you not going to fall in love with anyone else then?"

"I don't know if my heart can ever find someone whom it can trust."

"You will find that person one day, the person who has the key to unlocked your closed heart."

"Thank you Mino oppa, I hope for the day to come soon."

"Have you ever thought that someone near you might be your prince charming?"

"Near me? Like you?" I laughed at his attempts of a pick up line.

"You're a sharp girl! But on a serious note, haven't you considered the Team B boys?"

"They are really just friends to me, I wouldn't risk any thoughts about relationships for this precious friendship I share with them."

"Who knows? Maybe some of them don't see you as just a friend?" His statement surprised me. After the Bobby incident, I doubt any of them think of me more than a friend, right..?

"Oppa, do you know of something that I don't know?" I asked suspiciously.

His eye flickered left and right, showing that he was slightly flustered.

"Ani, it was just a casual remark." He forced a smile.

"But yep, I don't want to risk my friendships with the boys for anything else. I'll not let history repeat itself." I replied.

"Seems like you have been hurt deeply to be this traumatized." He muttered.

"It's nothing much..."

"But Chohee, there's surely an incident or two when you felt your heart beating vigorously due to some heart-melting actions by boys right?"

I thought of many moments that I had with BI. When we were playing basketball, when he saved my life, when I helped him in the toilet...

"Think about it yourself, Chohee. Don't let cupid's arrow fly past without you realizing."

"Thank you for the lunch and the love advices today. I'll see you around the company." We both left after the meaningful lunch that left me thinking about many things.

Have I started seeing BI as a guy instead of a friend? Have I... fallen for him?