Chapter 6: the winner is...

Chohee POV
Finally it was the time everyone has been waiting for.

Daesung announced the long awaited results, "The winner for 'Who Is Next- WIN', who is going to debut right after under the name of WINNER. The WINNER is....... TEAM A! Congratulations!"

My heart sank. Crushed and broken from the results. Am I dreaming?

I stared at the TV screen from the back stage. Team A was shocked and they started breaking down on stage when they realised the situation. On the other hand, Team B was dumbfounded. I could imagine how disappointed and defeated they felt.

The boys cried on stage, they were feeling extremely despondent and yet still had to cheer the winning team up. Knowing them, they sincerely wanted to congratulate their hyungs but it was at the expense of their own hard work, sweat and tears.

Filming didn't end there. The leaders of both teams still had to make speeches, go for interviews, and lastly meeting of parents who were present at the finals.

The boys' parents encouraged their sons and told them not to give up. Although Bobby's parents weren't around, BI's family took care of Bobby too. It seems like they were really close.

I hesitated to join them as I knew that it would not be good for them if the camera filmed a girl hanging out with them.

That was the bad part about being friends with celebrities, you had to be careful of all the cameras around.

I hid at the corner of the door, looking at my precious friends who were better than anyone else today. Bobby caught me staring at them and nudged me to join them. I shook my head, giving him a small smile before leaving the room.

I walked to the balcony, admiring the night view of the city and taking in everything that happened today. Despite all the media exposure and all the fans they had, the boys would still return to being trainees after today, unsure of when they will ever get to debut.

What worst? They might have to break up. The boys treated each other like real brothers, there was no way they were going to accept being split up. The future didn't really seem bright anymore.

"Hey Chohee," a familiar voice called out.

"Oh Bobby oppa! Why did you come out?"

"I... just thought we left you alone for a long time already." He replied.

"No it's okay, I'm good. You guys were really amazing today, you know?" I said unsurely, I didn't know how he would react to the topic of their match.

"Yeah we are all happy with ourselves. We didn't leave the stage with any regrets..."

"It's a pity though, that we were unable to win it." He continued.

"It's okay, this isn't the end. It doesn't matter who debuts first."

"Yep you're right! And don't worry Chohee, we are coping fine, right guys?" BI said from behind me, walking together with the other boys.

I turned around and realize that the filming crew has left and the boys are ready to return to their dorm.

"Yes we are all okay Chohee! Why are you still crying when we have already accepted the defeat??" Junhoe placed an arm on my shoulder.

Oh I was crying again? I must have been too overwhelmed when I saw them.

"Mianhae... I just felt so sad seeing all the hard work that y'all have put in didn't pay off." I managed to say in between sobs.

I immediately regretted the words I have said. The boys were feeling much better but I had to ruin it for them, opening their scars again.

"Yah yah ignore me, like what I said before this isn't the end! We are still young but Team A is already 20! We should let them have the chance first right?" I tried to change the mood.

"Yep, both teams have done well today. But as dongsaengs we should let our hyungs debut first and be happy for them right?" Jinhwan said.

I nodded furiously. "Yes so let's go party and celebrate the awesome performance today!"

"Why don't we have a sleepover at our dorm? Chohee do you want to join us?" Bobby suggested.

"Yah dude, it won't be a sleepover if she doesn't join us right?" Junhoe rebutted.

"It's just going home and sleep isn't it??" Donghyuk added.

"Sure, what are we waiting for?" I accepted. I hope it won't be too chaotic for 6 boys and 1 girl together in their dorm.