Chapter 18: am I slightly psychotic?

BI POV
The Christmas atmosphere was slowly building up. We are finally into the last week of 2013. The seven of us decided to hold a Christmas party in our home on Christmas Eve. Everybody would then visit their families on the actual day of Christmas.

We have decided on our secret Santa project where we had to buy a present for our respective recipient. In order to make this game fun, we swore never to let anybody know who our recipient was, and that included asking for help regarding what to buy for a specific person.

Today is two days before Christmas, which meant that I only had one day to buy the present. I sneaked out of the house quietly after lunch. Most of them had already gotten the presents when they had free time but I was too caught up in song writing.

The streets were beautifully decorated with Christmas lights. The whole shopping district was filled with festivity. Shoppers are all busy making their last minute Christmas shopping, buying presents for their loved ones.

"What should I get for Jinhwan hyung?" I mumbled to myself as I strolled on the streets, unsure of which shop to enter.

Eventually, I decided to buy a snapback for him. Well, he doesn't have many caps compared to the rest of us. I entered the departmental store and went on a search for the perfect cap that would suit him.

"Thank you, have a nice day too!" a familiar voice called out behind me. I spun around instantly, meeting those pretty brown eyes of a girl I am thinking of everyday.

"Chohee!" I greeted happily. It was a pleasant surprise to meet her here.

"Oh Hanbin oppa! What are you buying here?"

"Why are you asking me, aren't we here for the same reason?"

"If you're wondering if I'm buying something for the secret Santa game then you're wrong. I'm buying a gift for my friend." She explained.

"Oh okay sure I believe you,"

"Hey I'm not lying!" She whined.

It's really cute to see her getting annoyed. Am I slightly psychotic?

"But since we met, let's shop together! You don't have to tell me who you're buying the present for!" She suggested which I agreed to. It's always nice to have her company.

We reached a shop selling snapbacks at a discount. I looked through briefly and one of the caps immediately caught my attention. It was a blue and maroon cap with the words 'Mickey Mouse' written. There was also a small mickey logo sewn on the sides.

"It's so nice..." I mumbled but unfortunately, Chohee still managed to hear it.

"Why do you like mickey so much?" she asked.

"I have no idea actually, I just like Mickey since I was young and it has never changed." I said and walked away sadly to find the cap for Jinhwan.

I settled for a simple black Supreme cap. Classic is always the best and will never go out of trend.

"Why didn't you get the Mickey cap since you like it so much?" Chohee asked.

"In case you don't remember, trainees do not have salary, we only have that small amount of allowance." Since Chohee has already debuted as a songwriter, she gets her basic salary and additional amounts for every song she had written.

"I'm sorry Hanbin, don't worry the tough times will be over soon!" She tried to cheer me up.

"Yep, I'm fine. C'mon, I'm done shopping, do you want to come over for a while?" I asked.

"It's okay, I have to do some more shopping on my own. Bye Hanbin!" With a smile and a wave, she disappeared among the crowd of shoppers.

--------------------------

Chohee POV
I had been too insensitive all these while. How could I forget that the boys are not earning much now? They got some extra allowance from taking part in WIN while Hanbin and Bobby got some money for writing Winner's 'Empty'. But that's all. I wanted to get them something meaningful, well Christmas is the only occasion they would legitimately accept gifts from me without feeling bad.

I bought six tumblers that could be decorated by placing photos in the glass compartment. I also sent a quick text for the boys to send me a favorite selfie of themselves. I have decided to personalize a tumbler for each of them.

Before I left, the Mickey Mouse cap on display caught my eye. The way BI looked at it previously told me that he really liked it. Without more hesitation, I bought the cap. Even though it was way above the budget set for the Secret Santa game, I still decided to go with it since he liked it so much.

I tossed my phone out of my pocket to see a new text message.

Kim Taehyung: Merry Christmas Chohee! I miss you...

I would occasionally receive texts from Taehyung, it seems like he hasn't forgotten about our feelings but he was too late. I've given up on those feelings since a long time ago.

Was it when I first befriended the Team B boys? I have never thought about Taehyung in that way ever since.