Chapter 40: trust

Chohee POV
One day in the late afternoon, I made my way towards the SBS recording station to meet up with the boys as they were performing on inkigayo.

There were many artists waiting for their turn to go on stage. There were some popular groups, and also some whom I didn't recognize.

I walked around the waiting rooms, looking for where the boys could have been.

"Chohee?" a male voice called out. Why do I have a bad feeling from this?

I turned around slowly.

"Chohee it's really you!" Taehyung came forward to give me a tight hug.

Ah, I should have knew that I might meet him if I came to a place like this where so many artists gathered together.

"Hi Taehyung, long time no see." I smiled as I politely removed myself from his embrace.

"You seem more at ease compared to the first time I met you. How are you doing now?" He asked. I recalled the other time I had met him when I was together with BI. I avoided him so badly that I didn't have a decent conversation with him at all.

"I'm working at YG now, I'm here to visit my friends."

"iKON? I think they are the only YG artist here today." He asked.

"Yep, do you know where's their waiting room?"

"It's just opposite ours, I can bring you there!" Taehyung grabbed my hand as he pulled me towards the direction of the waiting rooms. I felt very uncomfortable but there was nothing I could do to get away from his powerful grip.

"Here it is!" Taehyung happily pointed to the room with large words 'iKON' imprinted on the door.

Taehyung was always this happy-go-lucky, seems like he hasn't changed much. I didn't feel anything special towards him anymore; it has stopped ever since I started liking Hanbin.

But it was still awkward being with someone you haven't spoken to in years, but is unexpectedly friendly towards you.

"I'll get going then, thank you Taehyung. I'll see you around." I quickly ended our conversation.

"Hey hyung, who's this?" Someone came out from BTS' waiting room. He looked very young, maybe around Chanwoo's age.

"Kookie, meet my... meet Chohee." Taehyung awkwardly rubbed his neck, not knowing how he should introduce me.

"Hello Chohee-sshi! You're the one hyung has always been talking about! You were a couple before he became a trainee right?" That caught me off guard.

"Chohee?" Another new voice called out.

People needed to stop coming into this conversation and complicating things.

It was BI.

"Hanbin, meet Taehyung and his group mate. They are from BTS." I introduced.

"Anneonghaseyo, iKON's leader BI imnida." Hanbin greeted with a bow.

"I remember you, you're Chohee's fake boyfriend!" Taehyung said.

"Fake?" I asked.

"The other time we met, he pretended to be your boyfriend. It was obvious, so stop trying to lie to me." He answered.

"It's true, Taehyung. He's my real boyfriend now." I smiled at BI before intertwining our hands and bringing it up to show Taehyung.

"It was fake the other time, but we are together now. If there's nothing else, please excuse us." BI said respectfully.

"Alright, bye Taehyung, see you next time." We quickly walked into iKON's waiting room and slammed the door shut.

"You look a lot calmer than the other time you met him." BI commented as we sat at the back of the waiting room while the other boys were having their make up done.

"Perhaps that's because I now know who I can trust."

"Hmm, that goes without saying, who else could be more reliable than me?"

"Uh-uh, I meant the boys, because I know they can keep a lookout for you. You're not that reliable Mr Egoistic Kim" I stuck my tongue at him and ran away out of the waiting room.

"YAH PARK CHOHEE!"  BI dashed out of the room and ran after me.

I dodged away from lots of artists, performers and staff before reaching the rooftop of the building. BI was just a few paces after me and he easily caught me.

"Got'cha!"  BI back hugged me. I knew it was easy for him to reach me. I just wanted to get to some quiet place to spend my time with him. I turned around such that his arms were still around my waist.

"This is your reward for catching me." I hooked my arms around his neck and place a quick kiss on his lips.

"This is your reward for being always being there for me." I placed another peck on his lips.

"And this... Is because I love you." I kissed his lips softly but for a few seconds longer. He was caught off guard as his froze in our positions. But he eventually regains his composure and returned my kiss, pressing deeper into my lips.

We got breathless and we soon broke apart. He hugged me tighter and I snuggled my face into his shoulders. I've been longing to be in his embrace for so long. I guess I really loved this boy in front of me.

When he was being B.I, he is adored by everyone in the company as the responsible and capable leader of Team B and iKON. He was a genius in writing songs, leading the team during practice and coming out with brilliant results.

When he was being Kim Hanbin, he is the boys' brother who goes through thick and thin together. They have suffered a lot in these past 2 years. He was the boy who always jokes around, make funny faces, and doesn't give two shits about his idol image.

Most importantly, he was my beloved Kim Hanbin. I've had hidden feelings for him and thankfully he returned my feelings too and we were able to be together. Even more fortunately, we received blessings from the people around us.

"What are you thinking about, dear?" BI pulled me away slightly so that he was able to see my face.

"About you, about how much we have endured to get together now."

"Let's write a song together. We will write a song about our love story and let the world listen to it."

"That's a great idea! Let's go back and get my guitar!" I said excitedly.

"Wait a moment!" BI called out.

"Hmm, what's wrong?"

"I think I haven't told you yet. But this is a serious problem. I would like to apologize first."

"Hanbin-ah, can you not scare me..."

"I think I haven't told you today, saranghae Chohee-ah." He kissed my forehead before walking out of the rooftop alone.

"YOU IDIOT! YOU TRICKED ME!! I THOUGHT SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED!"

"Too bad Chohee, I'm the idiot you love so deeply!"

I laughed at that sentence from him. It was true. I loved him. I loved him to death. How could I bear to leave this guy? This is the story between Park Chohee and Kim Hanbin.

Even as we venture more years ahead until iKON becomes experienced singers, we will still be working in the music industry, we will still be living our lives together, happily ever after.

THE END