Chapter 9: time flies

Chohee POV
Time flew by really fast ever since WIN ended. The boys continued their lives of writing songs and practicing for monthly evaluations. They got over their depression soon, and started all over again optimistically.

Whereas for me, things were a lot better than I had expected.

I had managed to write songs which appealed to people's hearts. Even Bobby and Hanbin didn't have much comments or advices for me. They helped to correct some technical errors but the general idea of the song was already good enough.

During my evaluation, Mr Yang was very impressed with my song that he was determined to get it released. It is scheduled to be performed by Big Bang's Seungri for his upcoming drama's OST.

To celebrate my little success, the boys organized a BBQ party for me at their dorm's rooftop.

"Cheers for Chohee and her song!" Jinhwan cheered loudly.

"Guys you know it isn't such a big deal, you guys are making me embarrassed!" I whined.

"You have fans noona! People are curious about the composer of the song so they searched up your name in the YG staff list!" Donghyuk said.

"Yep, and many people are calling you the up and rising pretty YG songwriter," BI teased.

"Hey hey hey, jjamkan!! You guys are the ones with thousands of fangirls can you guys stop teasing me," I tried to get them to stop.

I swear the boys' favorite pastime is making fun of me.

"Okay guys let's eat and stop joking with Chohee," Bobby instructed. He turned to face me and shot me a wink. I thanked him with a simple smile and a nod.

"Anyway, we are all going for the Year End Camping trip right?" Junhoe asked.

"Ne," replied everyone.

The Year End Camping trip was an annual vacation for the YG family. Idols, trainees, backstage staff were all invited to join in the 4 day 3 night event. It is an opportunity for everyone to get together and bond while taking a break from work.

"This will be the first time all of us are going on a vacation together!" Yunhyeong exclaimed.

"Aye, y'all have already been to a vacation when you won the first final battle during WIN remember?" I said.

"That's without you Chohee! This is the first time for all 7 of us to go together!" Yunhyeong added.

"Right, we are gonna party all day during that 4 days!" Donghyuk cheered.

After dinner, Bobby volunteered to walk me home. We walked together in silence, which was a little awkward. When we finally reached my apartment block, I faced him to bid goodbye.

"During the vacation, can you spend one dinner with me, alone? I have something to tell you," he added before I left him.

"Uh, yeah sure. Actually you can say it now if you want. Why so special?" I gave him a lob-sided grin.

"I will tell you when the time comes. For now, bye and sweet dreams!" He waved and left me alone, confused by his words.

Is he going to... confess? Oh no please don't let history repeat itself just like what happened to Taehyung and I.

I settled down, still confused over what Bobby had told me. But oh well, I shouldn't worry too much, I will know it when the time is right.

"Woof!" Oreo suddenly barked to shake me out of my thoughts. I fed him and patted him, "Oh right Oreo, I need to find you a caretaker for the 4 days I'll be gone!"

I quickly fixed my shirt and stepped out of my home to approach my neighbour.

"Annyeong Hyejung unnie, is Tablo sunbaenim at home?"

"Yep, please come in Chohee!" She smiled sweetly.

"Hey Chohee I think I already know why you're here," Tablo smirked.

"Sunbaenim please help me take care of Oreo for the 4 days I'm away," I said politely, although I'm already used to playing around with him. Tablo and his family has been my neighbour for few years already, and we frequently hang out for dinner together.

"My dear Chohee-ah, do you realise I'll be away for the camping trip too? I'm part of the YG family remember?"

Oh right how could I forget! Tablo sunbaenim won't be around!

It must be too much for Hyejung to take care of both Haru and Oreo. Haru loves Oreo a lot and there's bound to be a lot of excitement that Hyejung would have trouble looking after both of them.

"Ah ne, it's okay I'll find a petsitter then thank you Tablo sunbaenim, I should be going."

"Yah silly girl I was just joking, I'm sure Hyejung will be able to handle both Haru and Oreo, moreover Oreo is such a well behaved dog!"

"YES! Thank you Tablo sunbaenim! Thank you Hyejung unnie!" I ran to hug Hyejung tightly.

"Yah, Haru's asleep keep it down Chohee!" Tablo chided.

"Oops, mianhaeyo! Anyway Tablo sunbaenim... erm... hehe?"

"Yes okay, I'll be your chauffeur that day too. Meet me downstairs at 7am? Don't be late!" He already knew what I was going to ask.

Tablo was the best neighbour I could ever ask for!