Chapter 21: bathing with the injury

BI POV
I was surprised at how inviting my family was. Whenever I brought the boys back home in the past, they would hint to me that I should not have brought the members home.

They felt that since we hardly meet ever since I started being a trainee, family reunions should have been more personal.

I agreed with them and so I hardly brought the boys back home ever since. I wasn't sure if my parents had misunderstood Chohee as my girlfriend or not.

But I knew they enjoyed her presence today at home. Everyone loved her and Hanbyul even cried when we had to leave the house.

I didn't stay over for the night because I didn't want to leave Chohee. Despite all the jokes and laughter, I could tell she was sad inside, as she had thought about her own family.

"Are you thinking about your family?" I asked carefully while we were walking back home along the reservoir bank.

"The sad thing is I cannot even remember how I had spent my last Christmas with them." She muttered sadly.

"They were killed in a car accident when I was five. I was the only survivor in that car crash." She continued.

This was the first time for her to open up about her family.

Bringing her over to my house must have brought back many bad memories for her. She still had to put up a strong front and pretended to be cheerful in front of my family.

"I'm so sorry Chohee, but don't worry, we will be your family from now on." I squeezed her shoulder.

"I know. I'm always very thankful to have met you boys." She smiled happily.

"What's more? You owe me your life now." I added.

"Oh right, I sure do. I haven't even thanked you for saving my life. That was very dangerous you know?" She frowned and started scolding me.

"Speak for yourself! Who was in a more dangerous situation just now?"

"Alright, let's stop this. I'll accompany you back and settle you down before I go back home." She nagged like my mother.

"I'm not a kid, you know?" I argued.

"You're as useless as a kid who can't take care of himself now." She insisted again.

This time, I made no attempts to stop her from following me home. She is more stubborn as I was. Andddd I don't mind spending more time with her.

We entered the empty dorm as the boys would all be spending the night with their families. I was forced to stay seated as she helped me to get whatever I needed.

"Chohee, there's a problem, I need to bathe... "

"Don't bathe then." She answered with a straight face. "No, I was just kidding." She then let out a laugh.

She removed my arm sling carefully and helped me collect my clothes and underwear (awkwardly but yes she took it from my wardrobe) before going to the toilet.

While she adjusted the water temperature, I tried to remove my shirt but since I was not able to exert force using my left hand, my shirt was stuck halfway up and my face was covered in the shirt.

"A little help here, Chohee?" I called out to her.

She gently removed my shirt for me, trying her best not to move my left hand at all. I caught her staring at my body before glancing away.

"Like what you're seeing?" She was blushing like a red tomato. It was so cute to see her panic. Fortunately I had been working out the past few weeks so my body was still well toned and muscled.

"Do you need any more help?" She coughed awkwardly.

"I think I can remove my own pants. Unless you want to bathe me?" I teased.

"Idiot!!" She blushed slightly as she walked out of the toilet. "I'll be right outside. Holler if you need anything."

After bathing, I realized that I needed help to dress myself again. I quickly wore my pants, which was with much difficulty after wiggling around in the toilet.

"Chohee, I can't wear my shirt again..."After hearing my calls for help, she promptly enters the toilet.

"You haven't even dried youself!" She exclaimed at my dripping wet hair and body.

"How am I supposed to dry myself using one hand? It will dry by itself."

She didn't answer me but instead grabbed the towel from the rack and started drying me. It was awkward when she cleaned my body and she kept her eyes away. She placed my shirt over my head before drying my hair for me.

Suddenly she started giggling as she messed my hair up and tried different kinds of hairstyle for me. She brushed all my hair upwards and downwards, and in all different directions despite my protests.

Her laughter was so melodious and contagious that it made others' happy as well. I can't help but start grinning like a fool.

She helped me out to the living room and applied the anti-swelling medication on my wrist. Her touch sent tingles down my spine.

"I'm not going to bandage your arm since you're going to bed soon. But I'm coming back here tomorrow morning before you leave the house." She instructed.

"It's not that serious, you don't have to come here in the morning."

"I owe my life to you, just let me do it or I'll feel uncomfortable for my entire life."

She walked me back to my room before tucking me into bed. She pulled the blankets up around me before turning the lights off.

"Goodnight Hanbin, call me if you're feeling hurt in the middle of the night. I'll come here right away."

"Alright, be careful on your way home!"

She bade goodbye before closing the doors behind her.

Through this injury, I got to enjoy spending such an intimate time with her. This injury doesn't seem as bad anymore.