build-a-bear

shawn mendes imagines
imagine viii
-
gabby's pov

shawn held my hand tightly in mine, supporting our four year old daughter with the other. we came to the mall together to do some shopping when she got tired and insisted that shawn carry her.

"where do you want to go next, love?" shawn asked, squeezing my hand quickly.

"hmm," i hummed, "maybe-"

"mommy! daddy! build-a-bear!" delilah shrieked, wiggling within shawn's arms until he put her down. he kept a hold on her hand and looked up at me as she tried to pull him towards the store.

"do you want to make a bear, hun?" i asked, taking her other hand.

"yes," she giggled, hopping up and down as excitement coursed through her.

"well," shawn quickly scooped her into his arms and peppered her small face with kisses, "then let's go!" i smiled at their interaction and trailed behind them as they entered the store.

shawn let go of her hand and she ran to the wall that held all the skins, her eyes wide as she looked through them.

"i want that one, daddy," delilah exclaimed, pointing to a panda bear that was just out of her reach.

shawn chuckled and nodded, "okay, c'mere." he lifted her up and she giggled, plucking the skin off the shelf and hugging it to her chest.

"let's go stuff it!" shawn said, following behind her as she went in the direction of the stuffing machine.

shawn glanced over his shoulder at me and smiled, grabbing my hand and kissing the back of it.

"mommy, daddy! look!" both of us turned our heads towards the sound of her voice, where she was eagerly pointing towards her bear; which was now in the process of being stuffed.

the worker glanced at us and smiled as delilah continued to watch her bear expand.

"do you want it to have a heartbeat?" the worker asked, holding up a tiny red heart.

"yes," she nodded, reaching out and grabbing my hand, "it actually beats, mommy!"

"that's awesome, hun," i smiled at her eager state as she refocused on the worker as she inserted the heart and stitched up his back.

"there!" the worker handed the bear to delilah, "now you can pick out some pretty clothes for it!"

delilah held her bear up towards us, pure pride plastered across her face.

"do you want any clothes for your panda?" i asked, crouching down to her height.

she looked down at her bear and tilted her head to the said, examining it. she looked back at me, "i like him just the way he is."

"it's a boy, is it?" shawn chimed in, "what are you naming him?"

she was silent for a moment, "i want to name him peter."

i stood back up and glanced towards shawn, seeing a small smile pull his lips upwards. i quickly hugged his torso, feeling him kiss my temple.

"i'm in constant awe of how much she loves you," i said, feeling him squeeze my hand tightly.

"she loves you just as much," he looked down at me, causing me to grin.

"are you sure you don't want clothes for him?" shawn asked.

she nodded and rubbed her eyes. a yawn tumbled past her lips, and i chuckled. i reached towards her and scooped her into my arms, feeling her tuck her bear under her arm as she got comfortable.

after we paid for her bear, we left the store.

"how about we get this one home, yeah?" shawn said, grabbing the hand that wasn't supporting delilah.

"sounds good," i nodded, smiling as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine quickly, "thanks for the fun day." i leaned my head on his shoulder for a moment.

"of course," he smiled as we left the mall.

by the time we reached the car, delilah was almost asleep and clutching her bear contently.

i lowered her into her car seat and fastened her in, leaning forwards to kiss her head. she smiled softly, but her eyes remained shut.

"let me drive," shawn grinned, holding out his hand for the keys.

i fished them out of the back pocket of my jeans and handed them to him, smiling and climbing into the passenger seat.

once i was sure delilah fell asleep, i quickly snapped a picture with my phone. i smiled, noticing how shawn's features - noticeably - stuck out.

i glanced at him and smiled, catching his gaze. he grabbed my hand with the one that wasn't on the wheel, and kissed the back of it.

"i love you," shawn said, his voice quiet.

"i love you too," i replied.

it was then, with shawn holding my hand and delilah sleeping in the back, that i was reminded how lucky i truly was.

wc: 812

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|