royalty {requested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine lxxiv
-
shawn's pov
-
requested by: @Alessiouxx

"shawn darling," my mother said, opening my door, "we're hosting a party here for princess alessia and her fiancee tonight and i need you to cater, would you mind?"

when she spoke, i zoned out after she said alessia's name. alessia was the princess and tomorrow, she was marrying the 'love of her life.' it was an arranged marriage, a tradition that has happened in this kingdom for years. but i knew she didn't want to, because she was in love with someone else.

me.

she confessed her love for me when she last came to the castle where i live and to be honest, i felt the same way. she was the most beautiful girl i had ever laid eyes on, and her personality was just as amazing as her.

"of course i will mum," i said, earning a kiss on the forehead from her.

"thank you sweetheart," she said before leaving my room, quietly closing the door behind her.

it was hard to think about someone i love being married to someone else, but it was a tradition and we had to follow it. as much as it killed me, traditions are traditions. i sighed and ventured to my closet to grab a shirt and pants. i put them on my bed and waited as the hours ticked down for the party to begin.

later on that night..

i was ready downstairs with my mum and dad, awaiting the princesses arrival. she was bringing her fiancé with her so we could all meet him, which in a way made me anxious. everyone was in dresses and their partners were wearing tuxes. the main doors opened wide and everyone scurried towards them.

i stayed to the side with the rest of the waiters and bit my lip when i seen the princess enter. her arm was linked with who i assumed was her fiancé, and she was smiling. i could tell she was happy, she just didn't want to get married and live her life with him.

everyone curtsied as she walked by, but she was quick in gesturing with her hand for them to stop. she didn't want people to curtsy to her and bow down for her, she wanted to be treated like everyone else.

she wanted everyone to be equal.

i smiled at her act as people slowly started to crowd the ball room.

the waiters separated and approached people, asking if they wanted a drink or a appetizer. i approached alessia and she smiled when she seen me, curtsying slightly.

"hello shawn," she grinned.

"hello. would you care for a drink?" i asked, holding the tray forward. she shook her head and smiled.

"i don't drink, is there any water?" she asked politely, looking around.

"i will get you some," i said, waiting until people emptied the tray before turning around heading to the kitchen where the chefs were busy cooking.

"hello dear! anything i can help you with?" nancy, a chef, asked, coming towards me.

"the princess would like some water, could that be arranged?" i asked, watching as she nodded and scurried to the fridge. she poured a glass and came back to me, pressing it against my hand.

"have you talked to her yet?" she asked. nancy was the only person that knew about my love for alessia, and her love for me. she is so easy to talk to, and she said she knew from the start i liked alessia. also, she has known me since i was a baby and is a very close family friend. i quickly shook my head, staring down at the glass in my hand.