pose {requested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xcii
-
sarah's pov
-
requested by: @idontknowbutimsarah

"oh my god, sarah," shawn groaned in frustration, "is it that much of a god damn deal?"

"yes it is, shawn!" i cried, "it was how you posed with her!"

shawn and i were having an argument.

he had just got home from one of his meet and greets when i had seen one of him with a fan. his arms were wrapped lowly around her waist and she was all over him in general. i was saying that it was wrong, but he was saying that there was nothing to be upset about.

"i pose with all my fans like that!" shawn argued.

"oh really? isn't that great!" i replied, tears burning my eyes.

"you over react about everything! jesus, you're not my mother! i can do what i want!" he snapped, his words hitting me like a bus.

"i'm not over reacting at all," i said, my throat burning.

"yeah, that's bullshit," shawn retorted sarcastically.

i sighed, shaking my head.

arguing with him wasn't worth it, because it was only going to make things worse than they already are. shawn paced around the kitchen, every few seconds throwing me an angry glance.

tears fell down my face as i turned, walking into our living room and sitting down on the couch.

shawn went up the stairs, coming down shortly after with his leather jacket looped over his arm.

"w-where are you going?" i whispered, leaning forwards on the couch.

shawn grumbled something quietly, proceeding to pull on his shoes. i felt a tear slide down my cheek, and i wiped it away. i heard the door open and the jangle of the car keys, and i pushed myself up from my position on the couch. i ran to where he was, almost stepping outside, and latched onto his arm.

"shawn, w-wait, don't go," i whispered, holding on the sleeve of his jacket with every ounce of strength in me.

shawn spun around and met eyes with me, his angry expression softening. the car keys slipped from his fingers and hit the tiled floor below our feet. he closed the door, a breathy sigh leaving his lips. he opened his arms for me, and i immediately stepped into them

"oh sweet girl, i'm so sorry," shawn breathed, pulling me against his chest.

shawn knew what happened the last time someone stormed out on me.

last year, my brother, michael, and i fought. it was over something stupid, so stupid i can't even remember what it was about. he stormed out, getting in his car and driving away. a drunk driver slammed into him, killing him instantly.

we were very close, so the news of his death hit me hard.

my trembling hand that clutching his sleeve dropped to my side, quickly moving back to his torso.

"n-no, i'm sorry. i-i didn't mean a-anything," i whispered, more tears falling down my cheeks, "i-i was just jealous or something, i almost messed up our whole relationship."

"no baby, shhhh. you were right, i shouldn't have posed with her like that, it was wrong. i love you so much," shawn cooed, running his hands through my hair.

"i love you too," i whispered, pulling away from him and allowing him to wipe away my stream of tears.

"i lost your trust, please give me a second chance at earning it back," shawn pleaded, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"of course i will, please don't leave," i whispered as he bent down and grabbed the keys off of the floor.

he hung them back on the rack, quickly reaching for me and hugging me. he pulled away, taking my small hands in his larger ones and pressing a kiss to the back; his lips lingering.

"don't worry about me leaving, sarah, because i'm not going anywhere," he said before leaning in and placing his lips on mine.

"shawn," i whispered, pulling away from his lips.

"yes?" he said, looking down at me.

"i didn't want what happened to michael to happen to you," i croaked, "i-i miss him."

"oh, i know," he whispered, seeing a tear fall down my cheek, "i know you miss him." he raised his hand and swiped it away, placing a kiss on my skin where the tear was.

for the rest of the evening, shawn held me in his arms, assuring me that he was never going to leave. i knew he wasn't, and being able to lounge with him after an argument was the most assuring thing of all.

wc: 780

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|

a/n: sorry for the bad ending, sarah, hope you still like it!