san diego

shawn mendes imagines
imagine l
-
eliesha's pov
-
requested by: @Elieshaaa227

today was the day that i was meeting my long time idol, shawn mendes. i had entered a contest where the winning prize was vip concert tickets to his san diego show and surprisingly; i was one of the five winners.

i don't think there was a moment in my life where i was happier.

this kind of thing, winning tickets to see shawn, never happens to me.

i don't have that kind of good luck.

it's crazy.

after four years of supporting him, and never meeting him, today was the day i was.

"ready honey?" mom yelled up the stairs, wanting get on the road early to avoid rush hour traffic.

since the concert was being held in san diego, i only had about an hour drive to get to the venue.

"be right down!" i yelled back.

i took one last glance at my reflection in the mirror. my outfit consisted light blue ripped skinny jeans and a burgundy pull over, my hair was loosely curled and i did a little extra with my makeup. i grabbed my phone and ran downstairs, seeing mom waiting for me by the door.

"let's go!" i chirped, slipping out the door after pulling on my nike trainers.

i heard mom laugh behind me before following suit.

skip drive

when we arrived, we went stright into the venue. our seats were fairly good, middle section, two rows back. as people piled into the venue, the anxious chatter around me grew to the point where it was almost unbearable. when the lights dimmed and the screams of the fans quited, i seen Shawn's silhouette walkout onto the stage, followed instantly by the chorus of his new hit 'there's nothing holdin' me back.'

the lights turned back on and the screams only got louder. he smiled, his band joining him on stage as he belted out the first verse.

"hey guys! thanks so much for coming and i look forward to seeing some of you at the meet and greet after the show!" shawn said into the mic, quickly jumping into the second verse with his guitarist doing backup vocals.

my heart began to pound hard against my chest and i already felt tears welling up in my eyes. i took a few videos and pictures, but mainly listening intently. i didn't want to spend the concert behind my phone screen, wanting to soak in every detail of the show.

"okay, this one is called never be alone! sing along!" shawn said before he started humming the introduction.

we all sang along, and song after song he blew us away with his amazing voice that sounds way better in person. as the concert drew to an end, he closed everything with something big, a huge hit off of his first album, handwritten.

his chest rose and fell quickly as finished, backing away from the mic. after reaching for his water bottle and taking a drink, he bowed slightly and stepped forwards to hold some hands that were desperately reaching for him. he hurried back to the mic, waving to all sides of the arena.

if possible, the venue only got louder.

"you guys have been amazing! you all are by far the most intense fans ever, i love you so much!! goodnight!!" shawn said, waving once more before walking off stage.

i cannot believe that I finally seen him live.

it took about a half hour to get out of the arena, as there were almost ten thousand girls and guys. security was great in getting us out and soon, i had my
vip lanyard around my neck and i was in the line to meet shawn.

mom was amongst the parents waiting in the foyer, not having a pass to come with me.

unfortunately, i was almost at the end of the line, but that also gave me time to run over what i was going to even say to him.

you're amazing. too cliché.

i love you so much. no, eliesha, you don't want to sound like a creep.

i groaned softly, the mutter not heard over the anxious chatter of others in the room. as the line moved forward, i began to rock back and forth on my heels slightly.

i looked around the museum, seeing a few of his signed guitars, awards, and certain outfits on mannequins. they were all enclosed in glass cases, which were surrounded by low barricade. i took a few pictures, then slipping my phone back into my pocket.

as the line proceeded forwards, i realized i was the next person to step inside of the black curtain he stood behind. my palms turned clammy and i gulped, the security guard in front of me holding out hid arm incase i decided to bolt in.

i rocked on my heels again, and when another guard escorted the girl out and held his arm out towards me, i thought i was going to pass out.

i stepped towards him and he guided me in, and soon enough i standing shell-shocked in front of shawn himself.

"hey hun," he smiled at me, opening his arms.

i tried to move, but i couldn't. it was as if my feet were locked in place, large boulders on top of them. the fact that he was right in front of me, smiling at me with open arms, was scary. he chuckled, "it's okay, i don't bite."

i nervously laughed, stepping into his embrace. he closed his arms around me, before quickly pulling away. my hands trembled violently, and i scrambled for my phone.

shawn laughed lightly, "you are so nervous, hunny, it's okay." he steadied my hands by holding them between his, a small smile on his face.

my face flushed hot, and i pointed my chin down.

"i'm--i mean, i-"

shawn laughed again, loudly this time, before hugging me again.

"first time meeting me?" he questioned, now holding my forearms in his hands.

"yeah," i choked out, managing to pry my tongue from the roof of my mouth.

"whats your name?" he asked as my phone was passed to photographer.

"eliesha," i said.

he beamed, "did you have a pose?"

"u-uh, no," i shook my head.

"c'mere," he said, holding out his arm. i shuffled closer to him, his arm snaking around my shoulders and reaching for my hand. our fingers tangled together, and my free arm wrapped around his waist.

i smiled, hearing the camera click multiple times. my phone was handed back to me, and i stepped away from his embrace. he took my hand again, smiling, "it was so nice to meet you."

"you too, i-i love you," i said, my cheeks for sure crimson.

why would you say that? of all things..

"i love you more," he said, a security guard escorting me away.

his fingers slipped from mine, and just like that, he was gone.

wc: 1175

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|