i didnt know {part 2}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine ciii
-
wren's pov

when i walked in the waiting room, my hair a mess and eyes barely staying open, my eyes instantly locked on manny and shawn.

shawn has his head in his hands and had his elbows resting on his knees, unaware of my presence. the sight of him broke my heart, as i knew how badly he was actually hurting.

"shawn," i whispered, catching his immediate attention.

his head snapped towards me and when he eyes locked on mine, hurt washed across his already pained face. he pushed himself to his feet and approached me, and his arms were immediatley around me once i was within a reaching distance.

he began to cry hard against my shoulder, his frame shaking within my hold. i choked back a cry, croaking, "it's okay, sweetie, oh god; i love you."

"i can't believe this," he cried, "i can't believe this at all." he pulled away and pulled at the roots of his hair, his eyes looking at everything but mine.

"i know, shawn," i whispered, "shhhh, please relax for me."

"w-what if they don't make it?" shawn croaked, "i can't lose them." i noticed manny join his side, and he pulled me into a hug.

"shawn told me you responded to the call," manny said as he pulled away, "did you see either of them?" his voice grew weak and faint, unsure of wanting my answer. along with bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks; i knew he had a broken heart too.

"i actually found them," i nodded slowly, wiping a stray tear, "i'm so sorry." i let out another shaky cry as shawn leans into my embrace again, clutching onto my waist so tightly i couldn't budge. he continued to cry, and i began to rub his shoulders,

"shhh, it's okay my love," i whispered, "what have you guys been told?"

"not much," manny said as we all sat down, "they are both still in surgery, but liyah is in a lot worse condition."

those words cracked something inside shawn, and he immediatley swung to face me, "why didn't you tell me? how could you not tell me that my little sister and mother were involved? how-"

"woah," manny stopped him, pulling him away from me by the shoulder, "she didn't know bud, there's no way she would have known."

shawn exhaled a shaky breath and sighed, "i'm sorry, honey."

"it's okay," i shook my head and grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers together.

out the window, the sun was finally cracking through the dark sky; the early morning light beginning to drown out the darkness of the night.

i leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed, letting my eyes flutter closed, "i could have a killer nap right now."

"you deserve one love, close your eyes," shawn whispered, his voice thick from the crying. i looked up at his swollen and bloodshot eyes, and squeezed his hand.

"are you sure?" i asked, "wake me the minute you hear something."

"of course," he nodded, "thank you, for dealing with everything like a pro. i love you."

"if they don't make it-"

"it won't be your fault," he cut me off, "whatever happens, you did all you could do for both of them."

still not satisfied completely, i laid my head on his shoulder. his hand found my back and he rubbed my back softly, putting me slightly at ease. i let my eyes fall closed, but hadn't even fallen asleep when shawn jolted, "are they okay?"