tears

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xiii
-
isabelle's pov

i was taken out of my sleep by my phone vibrating underneath my pillow, causing me to groan in annoyance. i reached my arm out from my duvet to grab it, the bright screen momentarily blinding me.

when my eyes focused, i seen that the person calling me was my boyfriend of just two months, shawn. i swiped the green icon and pressed the phone to my ear, wondering why he would be calling this early.

"hey," i whispered, cautious of my parents sleeping just down the hall, "is everything okay?"

"isabelle," he mumbled, his voice choked, "i n-need you."

i sat bolt up right in bed immediately, throwing the blankets off of me with the hand that wasn't holding the phone. panic coursed through me as i stumbled towards my closed closet doors in the dark, throwing open the doors and grabbing leggings and a shirt.

"what's wrong?" i asked, putting the phone on speaker and tossing it onto my bed.

i could hear his cries through the speaker of the phone, causing a lump to form in my throat. i have never heard shawn cry, so i was worried.

something bad had happened.

"shawn, you have to tell me where you are and what's wrong," i say, jumping into my clothes, snatching my phone and running downstairs. i grabbed the car keys and wrotemom and dad a note incase they noticed that i was gone before hurrying to my car.

"i-i'm at t-the h-hospital," he stammered, his cries becoming heavier.

damnit.

"shawn, you have to breathe, i'm on my way," i said, pushing the keys into the ignition and starting up the car.

"o-okay," he breathed, "oh god, please tell m-me this isn't h-happening."

"shhh," i breathed, "i'm coming." he kept crying, and i kept listening.

once i got to the hospital, i parked immediately. after turning off the car and hooking the keys over my finger, i ran up to the main doors and pushed them open, "i'm here, i'll be right there, okay?" i hung up.

i stuffed my phone in my pocket and ran inside. i passed the main desk and went into the waiting room but didn't see shawn or his family. confused, i sat down and pulled out my phone, but before i could text him, i heard his sniffles.

looking up, i seen him come in, his gaze meeting mine.

his eyebrow was sliced open and so was his cheekbone, but not enough to need stitches, and he was limping slightly.

"shawn?" i say, standing up.

"isabelle," he croaked, trudging over to me and wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. he was sobbing into the crook of his neck, his body shaking with such force i thought he may fall.

over his shoulder, i seen manny and karen walk in. their hands were joined, and they were both crying.

"shawn? what's wrong?" i asked, rubbing his back as he kept crying.

"a-aliyah, s-she-" he couldn't finish his sentence, a sob pouring from his lips. his frame shook in my arms, and i held on tighter.

"oh no, is she okay? what happened?" i kept rubbing his back, cooeing soft words in his ear.

"i was driving, and i lost control of the car because i hit black i-ice," he gasped, "now she's really h-hurt. she won't w-wake up. how am i supposed to live with myself if she dies?"

"oh my god-" i mumbled, sighing as i pulled away and looked at him.

he rocked on his heels and i grabbed his arms to steady him, guiding him to a chair against a far wall.

"it's all my fault," he said, tears leaving his eyes and clinging onto the bottom of his chin, "e-everything is m-my fault."

"shawn honey," i whispered, "this isn't your fault at all. you hit ice and crashed. you are all busted up, lucky that that nothing serious happened to you as well. do you know how upset i would be if both of you were unconscious?" i asked, gently wiping away his tears with the back of my finger.

"i was driving, i-"

"my sweet boy," karen whispered, ushering to his side and pulling him into her arms, "you can't blame yourself, i don't want you to do that."

"but-"

"your mom is right, love. you didn't hit the ice on purpose, did you?" i asked, continuing to caress the back of his hand with my thumb.

slowly, he shook his head, "it hurts so much, the pain is too much!" he was an emotional mess, earning sympathetic glances from others in the waiting room.

"i know," i squeezed his hands, "i know. i'm happy you called."

he sniffled and as a shaky breath slipped past his lips, he let his head fall to my shoulder. i kept ahold on his hand, squeezing as tight as he was squeezing mine.

"i'm happy you came," he said quietly, his words choked.

"i'm not leaving until we leave together," i said, "i'll always be here for when you need me."

shawn nodded slowly, too overpowered with emotion to try and form words.

"look at me," he lifted his head and looked up, his chin quivering slightly, "she is going to get better, and i'll be with you the whole time, okay?" i leaned over and kissed the scar on his lip.

i brushed his hair away from his face, squeezing his hand gently.

"i love you so much. i promise it will get better," i whisper, making him look me in the eyes again.

"i hope it does," he said quietly, snuggling his head back into my neck and snaking his arms around my waist, "i love you."

i looked over at karen, who was smiling sadly at shawn. i nodded at her, trying to tell her that everything would be alright, and when i got the same bod back; i knew that aaliyah would pull through.

wc: 1018

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|