treat you better

shawn mendes imagines
imagine lvii
-
shawn's pov

after a long day at the studio, i was relieved to finally be home. mom and dad took aaliyah to dryden for a hockey tournament, so i had the house to myself.

i stepped in through the front door and sighed sleepily, tossing my keys on the table and putting my guitar case on the floor.

i pulled off my shoes and went into the living room, laying down on the couch. i let my eyes fall closed and after a while when i was sure i would fall asleep, someone came into the house.

i sat up immediately, shifting my gaze to the front door area.

then, the famillar figure of my best friend - and crush - amelia, appeared. she had tears running down her pale cheeks and her eyes were red. her face fell even more when she seen my expression.

"amelia?" i rubbed my eyes, confused and half asleep.

"s-shawn," she stuttered, her sobs making her words choppy.

i hurried over to her and wrapped my arms around her figure, feeling her shake in my arms as small sobs left her lips.

"what happened amelia? it's okay," i cooed her, rubbing her back.

"y-you were r-right," she cried, balling up the material of my sweatshirt into her fist as she continued to cry.

"what do you mean?" i questioned, leading her to the living room and sitting her down on the couch.

"h-he broke up w-with m-me," she said, covering her eyes with the palms of her hands.

something hit my chest hard, a feeling of guilt almost. but then, it was replaced by anger, as the guy she loved most was the cause of her pain.

i had warned amelia when she started going with him that he was a tool who would just use her and hurt her, as he did with other girls, but she didn't believe me.

"oh god," i slid close to her and wrapped my arms around her again. "i'm so sorry amelia, it's okay. god, please don't cry. you know i hate seeing you cry."

she wiped away her tears and looked at me, her chin trembling.

"amelia, i-"

"i know, you were right and i was wrong. you warned me but i didn't listen," she croaked, shaking her head, "you don't have to say anything. i feel so stupid."

"that's not what i was going to say, but you know that i like you amelia. i could treat you better than that asshole. i just need you to let me prove it to you," i said, rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb, "and you know you aren't stupid, never let him downgrade you like that."

"i-i don't know, i mean i just broke up-"

"we'll go slow, take all the time you need to get over your break up and then i will prove it to you," i mumbled, her hazel eyes meeting mine.

she wrapped her arms around my torso and laid her head on my chest, "i would like that." i only smiled, holding close to me. a few moments passed before she spoke again, "sorry i always come t-to you with my stupid problems."

"you could come to me with one hundred problems a day and i wouldn't mind, you know i'll always be here for you," i replied, rubbing her arm soothingly, "you know you can always come to me."

"thanks shawn," she whispered, her head resting in the crook of my neck, "i know i-i shouldn't be so upset, but he had me brainwashed."

"i know," i whispered, "it's okay."

i laid back and since she was clung to me, she came with me. she looked up at me, hesitated, then leaned up and kissed my cheek. she got comfortable again and i felt her arm tighten around my waist. i smiled as i thought about the fact that she felt the same way about me. i continued to rub her arm until my eyes fluttered and i fell asleep.

wc: 695

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|