new {requested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xciv
-
laura's pov
-
requested by: @lollyboo2001

after a long first two blocks of Calculus, i had to walk all the way to the other end of the school to grab my math textbook from my locker.

i had ten minutes to do it, so i knew ilikely wouldn't be late for class.

i walked the two flights of stairs and rounded a corner, slowly stopping in my tracks upon seeing something strange.

there was a boy standing a few feet ahead of me, trying to get into my locker. he had brown hair and was tall, and was also very focused on trying to get my lock off. walking towards him, my eyebrows pulled together.

"excuse me, can i help you?" i asked, trying to be polite.

the boy spun around, his unfamiliar brown eyes meeting mine.

"oh, h-hey," he said, backing up a few steps nervously, "sorry, ican't get my locker open. i'm new to this school."

"oh," i laughed, "i think i know why you can't get it open."

"why?" he asked, glancing quickly at the sheet he had clutched in his hand before raising his eyes back to mine.

"because that is my locker," i said, gesturing towards the metal door with my hand.

"o-oh," his cheeks flushed a bright pink, "god, i'm sorry."

ilaughed again, "it's fine, need help finding your locker?"

heglanced down at a paper in his hands again, "please. it says my number is the same as yours."

i walked down the hallway and stopped in front of the locker number he gave me, "your's is here, just a little ways from mine. when these lockers were first built, they put two with the same number so it can be confusing"

"thanks, i still haven't gotten use to this school," he said.

"it's fine, i've schooled here all my life and i'm not used to it yet either," i said, smiling as he laughed, "what class do you have right now?"

"math i think, i don't even know where the classroom is," he laughed nervously, putting unnecessary things into his locker before turning to me.

"i have math too, give me a second to grab my stuff and we can walk there together," i smiled, turning around and hurrying to my locker.

i put in the pin and opened the door, grabbing my book and binder. i closed the door and seen shawn standing at my side.

"ready?" i asked, shifting my book bag on my back.

"yeah, uh, i never got your name," he said as we walked down the hallway.

"i'm laure, what's your name?" i asked, rounding the corner and approaching the stair case.

"shawn," he said, his voice more quiet.

"where did you move here from?" i asked.

"uh vancouver, my dad's job got transferred so instead of travelling back and forth constantly he brought up us just moving here," he said, walking down the stairs with me.

"sounds reasonable," i said, smiling at him, "i'm warning you now that pickering is a very boring place."

he laughed, "well i'm not all that interesting so i guess it's a perfect match."

we continued to make small talk all the way to math class, where shawn was assigned to sit in the empty desk next to me.

as days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, i found myself getting closer to shawn. as we became friends, his quietness faded and he showed his outgoing, peppy side.

little did i know that shawn moving to pickering would blossom into what would become a beautiful relationship.

wc: 613

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|