pregnant

shawn mendes imagines
imgine x
-
maddy's pov

"they have to be wrong," i mumble to myself, tears brimming in my eyes as i glanced at the four pregnancy tests lined up on the sink.

positive
positive
positive
positive

i'm pregnant.

i threw away the tests and leaned against the wall, tears dampening my cheeks as a million thoughts raced through my head.

i didn't know how i was going to tell shawn.

despite coming to the mutual decision to have kids, shawn's career has since exploded. with meetings, interviews, photoshoots, and touring, a child is off the table.

he is too busy.

sighing, i open the bathroom door and go downstairs, knocking softly on shawn's office door.

"come in," i heard him mumble, his frustrated eyes lighting up when he seen me push open the door.

he pulled out his ear bud and pushed his char away from his desk, opening his arms for me.

"hi baby," i say quietly, unable to fight off the smile that crossed my face when i seen him.

"hey," he sighed, stressed from the work he had to do. i walked towards him and eased into his embrace.

"oh," i looked at him, "is everything okay?" dark circles engulfed his tired brown eyes, his expression drooped.

"just stressed, that's all. i know it's only because my career is taking off, which is amazing; but it's all just a lot," shawn said, brushing a piece of hair off my forehead. he placed a soft kiss on my temple and sighed, looking at me again and smiling.

"you're doing great, but i'll leave you alone so you can concentrate," i said, pulling away from his arms and standing up again. i went for the door when his voice piped up again, "wait, did you need something when you came in?"

"i'll t-tell you later on," i struggled to keep my voice straight as i was feeling tears build up in my eyes once again.

"maddy," he said, standing up from the chair and grabbing my hands, "tell me now."

i looked down, feeling uneasiness build up in my stomach. he tilted my chin up with his fingers, his soft brown eyes gazing into mine.

i burst into tears on the spot, not knowing how to tell shawn. he pulled me against his chest gently, rubbing my back, "you're scaring me maddy, please just-"

"i'm pregnant," i spit, shawn's movements freezing to a hault. he pulled me away from him and his eyes met mine. they grew wide in surprise, and i slowly backed away from him.

"i'm s-sorry," i kept crying, covering my face with my hands. i felt his hands pull mine away from my face, his eyes glistening with tears as he beamed brightly.

"darling, why are you sorry? this is amazing news! i can't believe i'm going to be a dad!" shawn said, squeezing my hands again as his award winning smile never left his face.

"you're not mad?" i asked, almost shocked.

he immediately shook his head and it felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted off of my shoulders.

"no, of course not, we always wanted to have a child and now we are!" shawn beamed, pulling me into a hug, "why would you think i would be mad?"

"y-your career, everything is taking off for you. i-i figured you pushed kids aside to focus on everything else," i whispered, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"never will i put work in front of my family," shawn said, "ever."

relief flooded through me, and i couldn't help but cry. he did too, our bodies pressed tightly together. he sniffled, cupping my face in his hands and pressing a delicate kiss to my lips.

"i love you," i breathed, wiping away his tears with my thumb.

"i love you too, sweetie," shawn said, "so, so much."

"i can't believe we are finally starting a family," i shook my head.

"are you sure that you're pregnant?" shawn questioned, still holding my hands.

i pulled away and grabbed the four sticks out of the empty trash can, placing them on the sink for him to see.

"i'm sure," i smiled, watching as he stared down at the tests.

"wow," shawn laughed, swiping away a tear that fell down his cheek, "i still can't believe this."

"me either," i said, biting my lip and looking up at him.

he grabbed my waist and quickly spun me around, causing me to laugh. he put me down and smiled, grabbing my face with his hands.

"i love you, and our baby, so much," shawn said, "more then you'll ever know."

"i love you too," i grinned, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling his face to mine in a kiss.

wc: 813

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|