tokyo

shawn mendes imagines
imagine c
-
anya's pov

a/n: since this is my one hundredth imagine, i decided i write it based around shawn's first trip to tokyo!
hope you enjoy!

"please be careful over there," mom said as her, dad and my little sister, gracie, took me to the airport.

tonight, shawn and i were going to tokyo, along with his manager andrew, john, and a few other members of his team. i was to meet them by gate three and we would board when the flight was called.

the most exciting thing was shawb didn't know i was coming, because when he asked andrew if i could, he said no.

of course that was a lie, wanting shawn to be surprised.

"i will be, don't worry. i have left the country with shawn before," i said, the sky fading to black from the late hours of the evening.

"yeah but japan is different-"

"dad, tell her i'll be fine and nothing is going to happen to me," i giggled, looking at dad sitting in the passenger seat. he reached across the console and squeezed moms free hand.

"jane , don't worry. we trust her, along with the five other people that will be there with her," he said.

"you're right," mom quickly looked at me in the rear view mirror, "we trust you."

the rest of the ride was silent, my nerves building up in anticipation.

when we arrived at the airport, i swung my carryon over my shoulder and stepped out of the car, opening the trunk and grabbing my massive suitcase. dad took it from me and smiled, all of us proceeding to the main doors.

"you said gate three, right?" dad looked back at me for confirmation.

"yeah," i nodded, following him as he spun on his heel and proceeded in another direction.

dad travelled a lot with work, so locating certain gates and terminals in airports was a breeze for him.

we continued down a hallway, and i noticed he was smiling when he looked back at me.

he pointed in the direction he was walking in and i craned my neck, seeing shawn standing a good distance away with his back to me. with him, i could see manny, andrew, geoff, brian, josiah, karen and aaliyah.

i picked up my pace, hurrying towards him. when i was close enough, i wrapped my arms around his torso from behind. he spun around fast, his eyes widening upon landing on me.

"anya! what are you doing here, my love?" he exclaimed, hugging my waist tightly as i giggled.

before i could say anything, mom, dad and gracie joined my side.

his eyes landed on my suitcase, then drifted to the carryon wrapped around my shoulders. he looked back at me, one of his eyebrows raised in suspicion, "anya?"

"i'm coming to japan with you!" i exclaimed, feeling him immediately spin me around.

"what? andrew changed his mind?" shawn questioned, his award winning smile never leaving his face.