prom

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xii
-
bailey's pov

i was taken out of my sleep by something hitting my window. i peeked my eyes open, glancing at the digital clock to see it was almost five in the morning.

thinking i was delusional, i let my eyes close again.

the noise filled my room again, causing me to groan. i threw the blankets from my body and got up, going to the window. i opened my cutrians and looked out, seeing my boyfriend shawn standing below the window.

he had a handful of pebbles in his left hand, a cheeky smile plastered across his face as he dropped the stomes into the grass. i pushed open the window, hearing shawn chuckle.

"shawn? what are you doing here?" i whispered, careful not to wake my parents.

"i'm going to the beach!" shawn exclaimed, the smile playing on his face not faltering a bit.

"are you sleepwalking?" i asked jokingly.

shawn looked down at the grass and back up at me, shaking his head, "don't think so. i'm not swimming, just going for a walk. please come." despite being on the second floor, i knew he was pouting.

i sighed in defeat, laughing quietly to myself, "give me two minutes."

i closed the window and ran to my closet, grabbing a pair of leggings and a maroon sweatshirt that shawn had given me a while ago. i pulled on my converse and threw my hair up into a pony tail before grabbing my phone and quietly going down the stairs.

opening the front door, shawn now stood only mere meters from me.

"the things i do for you, mendes," i laughed slightly, walking straight into his embrace.

"it's only because you love me," shawn smiled his goofy smile, wrapping his arms around me and kissing the top of my head.

"you're adorable," i say, pulling away and grabbing his hand.

"actually," he states, "i'm manly as hell." he pressed his lips to my temple.

i laugh and look at him, "whatever helps you sleep at night."

we talked and laughed the whole way to the beach, occasionally glancing up at the sky. the sun was soon due to rise, so everything was a mix of bright pink and yellow streaks against the still dark sky.

i didn't know what shawn was even going awake at this hour, but i didn't ask. anytime with him is time i enjoy.

when we got to the beach, the first thing i noticed was a bunch of helium heart balloons sticking up from the sand

"what's that?" i questioned, squinting to see better through the darkness.

"i don't know, lets go look," shawn said, tugging me over to the balloons.

when we got close to the balloons, tears sprang to my eyes.

written in the sand, was the word 'prom?' with balloons and a huge stuffed bear sitting in the sand. there were what appeared to be rose petals in the scattered around our general area, with multiple little hearts drawn as well. candles sat at a nearby picnic blanket that had red cloth draped over it, and i bit my lip.

looking up at shawn, i seen him nervously glancing back at me. he took my hands in his, beaming.

"will you go to prom with me bailey?" he asked, his eyes full of hope.

i looked back down at the writing in the sand, before back at him.

"of course," i smiled, laughing slightly as he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. i wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back, smiling against his soft lips.

he pulled away and bent down, grabbing the bear and handing it to me.

"shawn," i laughed, "this bear is huge." i managed to tuck the bear underneath my right arm, but it was difficult; considering the bear was nearing my size.

shawn chuckled, "i know it isn't the best way to ask you to prom, but-"

"stop doubting yourself, this is amazing," i smiled, shaking my head.

with the bear in my arms, i stood on my tiptoes and leaned in again. i felt his hands on my back before his lips met mine. he pulled away and together, we walked back to my house hand-in-hand.

"was it worth getting up this early?" shawn asked when we arrived back at my doorstep.

"it was definitely worth it," i say, giving him another hug.

"i'll see you tomorrow?" shawn asked, squeezing my hands once more before letting go.

"stay the night," i said, not wanting him to leave, "i think you have a pair of sweats that you left in my room. you can wear those."

shawn smiled, "okay."

we went up to my room, being extra cautious when passing my parents' room. though they have loved shawn from day one, they wouldn't like to be woken this early unless there was an emergency.

after shawn changed into sweats and a white t-shirt, i placed the bear on my window seat and crawled under my duvet. shawn slid in next to me, his arm finding my waist and pulling my back to his chest.

"you always give the best cuddles," i mumbled, feeling warmth radiating from his strong embrace.

shawn chuckled, "that's good to know."

i smiled, my eyes slowly drooping shut.

with one last kiss pressed to the side of my head, i fell asleep in his arms.

wc: 917

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|