you're okay; that's all that matters {requested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xc
-
kyler's pov
-
requested by: @basicxmendes / @okaykyler

i was deep in focus, not thinking about anything other than my up coming test. this test determined weather or not i got into one of the best paramedic program's in toronto. if i failed, i would be back at square one.

my papers were scattered across my kitchen table in my shared apartment with my long term boyfriend, shawn.

he was at the studio tonight, which meant i had peace and quiet. even though i cherished these quiet times for studying, i missed him and wanted him to come home so we could relax together.

hearing my phone ring from across the kitchen, i groaned. i stood up and walked to the island, grabbing my phone and smiling upon seeing shawn's caller id. swiping my thumb across the green icon, i pressed the phone to my ear.

"hey baby!" i chirped, slouching against the island.

"h-honey," shawn croaked. "i need you."

i pushed myself from the island, already running towards the shoe rack.

"where are you? the studio? i'll be there-" shawn shaky voice cut off my rambling.

"n-no, i think i-i'm on adelaide street. a car just hit mine," shawn choked, "aghh!"

(a/n buy illuminate guys)

"oh my god shawn," i whispered, heat shooting up my body, "are you out? are you okay?"

"i-i'm fine, i think. i'm out, please..i'm scared," shawn whispered, a muffled sob sounding through the speaker of the phone.

darting upstairs, i snatched his iheartradio sweater and pulled it over my head. i hurried back downstairs, pulling on shoes and grabbing the car keys.

"it's okay baby, i-i'm coming...i'll be there soon," i assured, jumping into the drivers seat of my car and starting it up.

i kept the phone pressed firmly to my ear, reassuring shawn the whole way to him. he barely said anything, fright and shock preventing him.

all the while, tears streamed down my face at the thought of shawn hurt.

i let out a shaky breath upon arriving at the scene, seeing the front and side of the all too familiar jeep wrangler smashed and dented. the drivers side door was open and my eyes swivelled to shawn, who was slouched against the vehicle while sitting on the ground.

pulling the car over, i immediately get out and run to where he sat on the ground.

"shawn," i dropped to my knees, "oh baby, i-it's okay. oh my god..."

his eyes met mine and he winced when he shifted to the side. i wrapped my hands around his and held him close to me.

shawn was gasping, his body shaking.

i scrambled for my phone to call nine one one, groaning quietly when i realized that i left it in the car. he tried to pull me close to him, obviously terrified, but he was shaking too much.

"shawn, you'll be okay," i sniffled, sighing of relief when i realized he wasn't bleeding seriously, "it will all be okay."

"am i-i bleeding?" he whispered.

"no, i don't think so," i said, kissing his head, "only on your collarbone." pulling back the material of his ripped shirt, i seen a large gash on his collarbone.