broken windshields and shawn mendes

shawn mendes imagines
imagine lxxx
-
ida's pov

the truck came towards my car before i could react or try to swerve, causing me to screech. it collided with me head on and the airbags blew up in my face. i screamed and my body slammed against the side of the car. i winced as the window shattered and glass cut my skin. my head whipped to the side and i knew that i would have whip lash.

i don't actually remember my body flying through the shattered windshield, but i remember the pain of colliding with the pavement.

i cried out, my whole body falling numb. i rolled to the side, my ribs feeling like they were being sawed in half. i could see blurred headlights of the cars that stopped around the wreckage. a silhouette ran up to me and dropped to their knees next to me.

"oh god, are you okay? andrew, call 911!" a voice yelled.

"i already did!" a voice yelled back.

it sounded familiar, and was definitely a boy, but i couldn't comprehend who it was.

"you'll be okay, the ambulance is coming," the boy said, his voice echoing through my head.

i was sobbing at this point, my body trembling as pain shot through me. i gasped every time i tried to breathe, pain hitting my chest like bullets. i felt a hand rubbing my shoulder, but it didn't help the pain.

"i-it h-hurts!" i cried, feeling my head being lifted onto something soft.

"i know it does, the ambulance will be here soon and you'll be okay. what's your name?" the voice said.

"i-i-ida," i mumbled, the words catching in my throat.

despite my blurry vision, i looked up and was met with a pair of soft brown eyes staring down at me. his brown hair was swept messily across his forehead and his cheek scar was a lot more noticeable in person. his lips were pressed into a thin line, concern etched across his face.

it was shawn mendes.

if I wasn't dying on the side of the road, i would defiantly be fan-girling.

"a-are you-"

"shhhh, don't strain yourself hun. it will make the pain worse," he said, "keep breathing, okay? don't close your eyes."

i closed my eyes and wished this was just some twisted dream.

 that my bones weren't broken and that i was actually okay. it felt like i was being set on fire and everything slowly burning. i heard sirens, but i didn't even process the fact that help was here.

"help is here, ida. please, open your eyes," shawn begged, causing my eyes to peek open.

"t-th-thanks for trying to help me," i croaked, feeling his hand grab mine, "t-thank you."

"stop," shawn said, "you will be okay. i promise."

they grew louder and louder until they stopped, multiple voices yelling incoherent words and sirens wailing loudly.

"her head is bleeding, i-i put my sweater underneath but its soaking right through. just help her," i heard shawn rambling, "please-"

"we will, you have to step away sir," an unfamiliar voice said to shawn. i felt myself being lifted from the ground, causing more pain to seer through my body, "were you the one that hit her?"

"no!" shawn said immediately, "i stopped to help her."

i began to cough as i was laid on a stretcher, and i felt a substance come out of my mouth.

"she's coughing up blood. we need the operating room open stat," a paramedic said as they hurried me to an ambulance.

everything was fuzzy around me, my vision going black around the edges.

i felt something wrap around my arm that kept growing tighter and tighter. i winced as an oxygen tube was placed in my nose, someone constantly telling me to keep my eyes open. but i couldn't, it felt like everything was caving in on me and my eyes fluttered closed.

"we're losing her, start compressions!" a paramedic ordered.

i felt someone place their hands on my chest and start to push, but i slowly felt everything stop. the frantic voices of the paramedics became distant and i no longer felt the pain.

"her pulse is dropping," a paramedic said.

i sighed, suddenly feeling myself slip away until everything stopped.

everything.

and i was gone.

wc: 72

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|