you are all i need {requested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine lxxv
-
danielle's pov
-
requested by: @BudderPrincess20

the room spun around me in circles and my head began to pound, the hate from shawn's fans finally getting to me. i never really understood why they hated me so much, but they did. even though most of his fans were supportive of us, a fair amount of them weren't.

shawn didn't know of the hate i was getting, and i wanted to keep it that way considering he would get upset that i let it get to me. he always told me to never let any hate get to me, but it's really hard.

shawn should have got with camila when he had the chance, she's prettier than you..

he deserves so much better

you should just leave him so he can be alone, i bet he'd like to come home and see you gone

they continued.

on and on until my twitter feed was full of negative comments and hate.

shawn was at the studio, and he was coming home soon. i had to pull myself together before then or else he would find out. i wiped the tears out of my eyes and sat criss cross on our bed, my hands trembling in my lap as more tears spilled from my eyes. i was so caught up in trying to calm myself, i didn't even hear the door downstairs open.

"danielle, baby? i'm home!" i heard shawn yell.

"shit," i mumbled under my breath.

i scrambled off the bed and hastily wiped away my tears, fanning my face with my hands to hopefully reduce the redness in my eyes. i heard his footsteps coming up the stairs and i panicked, trying to think of something to come up with when he notices that i was crying.

i heard his footsteps get closer to our door, becoming louder with every stride he took.

soon, the doorknob jiggled and the door opened, revealing my boyfriend. he looked at me and for some reason, i could tell by his expression that he knew. i bit my lip as he sighed quietly, stepping towards me.

"shawn, i-i'm sorry," i whispered, covering my face with my hands and beginning to cry all over again.

he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close against him. i buried my head against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his torso, sobbing against his chest. his hand rubbed my back as we stood in my bedroom, just crying.

"baby," shawn whispered, "you should have told me about what they were saying to you."

"y-you would have b-been mad t-that i let it get to m-me," i hiccuped, closing my eyes as more tears seeped out.

"no, no, no sweet girl, i wouldn't be mad at you. i could have tried to stop it, i could have been there for you," shawn said quietly.

"i don't know why they hate me so much, i-i don't know what i ever did to them," i whispered, my voice muffled from the material of shawn's hoodie.

"you didn't do anything sweetheart-"

"they tell me that you should have gotten with hailey or camila, or that you should have stuck with them when you had the chance. that your going to walk out on me one day, o-or would be happy to come home one day and realize i'm gone. i can't help but think-k that maybe you will one day," i said as shawn sat me down on the bed.

his jaw dropped and he stared at me wide eyed, shaking his head.

"never think that i would leave you for camila...or for anyone actually. i love you so much. whenever i think of myself with anybody except you, it scares the hell out of me because you are the only girl i ever want to be with. you're all I need," shawn whispered, rocking me back and forth. i looked up at him and seen tears brimming his eyes as he wiped away my tears, "you're all i want."

"w-why are you crying?" i asked softly.

"because you're upset, and i hate seeing you upset," shawn said, "especially when i could have prevented it."

i cuddled into his side again and he wrapped me in his arms, holding me close. he started to hum quietly, a gesture that i always found calming in situations where i was stressed or upset.

"shawn," i whispered, still feeling insecure.

"shhhh," he quieted me.

i nodded slowly and we slid backwards on the bed. we laid down and he covered me with a blanket. i curled into his side again and wrapped my arm around his torso. i felt his arm wrap around my waist and hold me to him, which made me feel safe. soon, i felt his hand creep under the material of my shirt before his fingertips drew patterns against the skin of my back.

i smiled softly, finally calming down. i'd stopped crying and i felt less tense. shawn's constant reassurance was finally setting in, leaving me to believe he wouldn't leave me.

"why did you come home early?" i asked quietly, sleep slowly demanding control over my body.

"well you weren't answering my texts, and then andrew showed me your twitter wall and i was too worried to stay," shawn said, gently kissing my forehead and letting his lips linger.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you," i said, my eyes slowly closing.

"it's okay, but never be scared of me being mad at you. i love you," shawn whispered, kissing the top of my head.

"i love you too shawn," i said before  fell asleep in his arms.

wc: 929

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|