our spot

shawn mendes imagines
imagine ix
-
jess' pov

my breathing caught in my throat as i pulled out my phone and dialed shawn's number with shaky fingers.

"hey jess, what's up?" shawn's voice echoed through the speaker, causing more tears to spill from my eyes.

"hey," my voice immediately gave away that i was crying, "could you come t-to our spot?"

"of course, i'll be right there," he sighed, knowing exactly why i was upset. he hung up and i put my phone in my pocket, sniffling.

my long term boyfriend, brandon, just broke up with me. despite him being a player, i feel for him and his fake character he used to reel me in.

shawn tried to warn me about him, telling me how he was just a tool who used girls. i thought he was wrong, until he cheated on me, and then hurt me when i confronted him about it. shawn told me that brandon was just going to hurt me, but i ignored him.

after what felt like forever, his jeep pulled up.

he stepped out and met eyes with me.

i stood up as he came over to me and wrapped my arms around his neck, beginning to cry harder. i balled up the material of his sweatshirt into my fists, tightening my hold every time a sob racked through me. he was hesitant in wrapping his arms around me, a sigh slipping past his lips.

i pulled away, looking up at him through blurry vision.

"what's wrong?" i questioned, my voice nothing more then a croak.

"i knew he was going to do this to you, i even warned you, but you didn't listen to me!" shawn yelled, causing me to back away from him a few steps.

"shawn, i-" he was quick in cutting me off mid sentence.

"no, you should have listened to me! you wouldn't be in this mess right now if you had have!" he said, throwing his hands up.

"wow," i say, feeling more tears roll down my cheeks, "i called you, thinking you could be the friend that i needed right now, not to yell at me." i said, beginning to walk away from him, "i get it, you were right, but it still hurts!"

"jess," he sighed, hurrying after me and grabbing my wrist. he spun me back around so i was facing him, "hey, stop walking." his grip on my wrist wasn't tight, but was exactly where brandon grabbed me just hours ago. i whimpered, yanking my arm free.

he furrowed his brows, "jess?"

"i'm s-sorry," i croaked, pulling up my sweater sleeve to reveal the fairly large bruise that he left.

"jesus christ. he hurt you? physically?" shawn's tone was no longer angry, "i can't believe he grabbed you, i'm going to beat the crap out of him," shawn grunted, examining my wrist.

"don't," i whispered, "i-i just didn't know what to do. i needed to see y-you."

he nodded quickly, realizing i was in a lot more pain than he thought. his arms snaked around my waist, pulling my body against his. i hiccuped, leaning into his embrace with my head on his shoulder. he rubbed my back, whispering quiet words in my ear to calm me.

"i'm sorry i yelled," he said quietly, "i didn't mean to, really."

"then why did you?" i asked, my voice muffled from the material of his sweatshirt.

"i hate seeing you upset jessica, and when you called me, i knew he broke your heart," shawn said, "i knew he hurt you."

i let out another cry, "i-i thought he loved me."

"i know. shhh, please don't cry," shawn said, rocking me back and forth, "he doesn't deserve you, jessica. you deserve someone so much better."

"who shawn? this happened to me twice now!" i said, looking at him.

"me," he mumbled quietly.

"w-what?" i asked, letting out a breath i never knew i was holding in. i pulled away from him and looked into his wide, brown eyes.

"jess, i deserve you. i have liked you for so long now, but i didnt tell you because at the time, you were in love with somebody else. these guys tear you apart and leave you in this mess, which is why it hurts me so much. i know that if i was with you, you would never be crying for this reason, ever," shawn said, moving his hands from my waist to my hands.

"shawn?" i was shocked.

we had been best friends for as long as i can remember, and he kept his feelings about me to himself. he didn't want to tell me while i thought i was in love with somebody else, because he knew the outcome could be me getting upset. everything fell into perspective, and new emotions sent me reeling.

"yeah?" he replied.

"you should have told me-"

"i was scared, i wanted to, but i was scared," he said, looking down.

"why would you be scared?" i asked him.

"i didn't think you would feel the same way," he murmured.

his eyes met mine and he started to slowly lean in. i too leaned in, the feeling of our lips colliding causing butterflies to take flight in my stomach. one of his hands remained in mine, the other delecatily aressing the skin on my cheek. when i kissed shawn, i felt something different than when i kissed brandon.

i felt love.

wc: 926

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|