hit the road

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xxv
-
candace's pov

i was sleeping soundly when i felt someone's fingertips running along the skin of my back. i furrowed my brows, suddenly alert that someone was in my room. in one quick motion, i flipped myself onto my side and came face-to-face with my boyfriend, shawn.

mom must have let him up.

"sorry beautiful, i didn't mean to scare you," shawn said, leaning towards me and pressing his lips gently against my temple. i immediately felt myself relax, stuffing my face back into my pillow.

after a moment, i reached my arm from out underneath the blanket and found his body, wrapping it around his torso. he chuckled, letting me pull his body close to mine.

"what time is it?" i asked, resting my chin on his shoulder and looking up at him.

"five thirty, we're leaving soon," he said, standing up from the bed quickly. i took notice of his cozy attire, seeing him clad in a hoodie and sweats; his typical outfit when it comes to traveling.

i tried to reach out and keep him in my duvet, but he was too far. i pouted from the loss of contact, hoping i could guilt him back to bed.

"usually the pout kills me, every time, but we have to go," he said, running his hands through his hair and beaming a bright smile in my direction.

i sat up slowly, attempting to clear my vision by rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. i glanced towards the door, seeing my bags of luggage sitting where i placed them last night.

today was the first day of summer, but more specifically, the day that i was finally joining shawn on his three-month tour. it took a lot of convincing from shawn, his manager andrew and myself to get my parents to let me go, but eventually, they gave in.

"why do we have to leave this early?" i ask tiredly, going over to my closet and grabbing a pair of skinny jeans and a sweatshirt.

"it sucks, i know," shawn said, grabbing my bags, "but hey, it will be so worth it. i'll take this stuff downstairs and leave you to get dressed." he sent a quick smile in my direction before leaving my room and shutting the door behind him.

quickly, i got dressed. i left my hair down and sighed, feeling excitement swallow any exhaustion that i felt. i left my room and crossed the hallway quietly, wanting to say goodbye to my little sister, rachel.

upon opening her, i noticed her small frame tucked under the blankets; the only thing poking out being her head. i walked over and kissed her forehead, whispering goodbye before exiting, knowing how light of a sleeper she was.

i took the stairs two at a time and smiled upon seeing shawn sitting on the sofa, talking to mom and dad. as i stepped on the last step, it creaked, catching shawn's attention.

he stood up and approached me, his arms open for a hug, "ready?"

he has always wanted me to go on one of his tours, and now that i was, he was very happy. he wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. i smiled, glancing at my parents over his shoulder.

"as ready as ever," i smiled up at him, pulling away slightly.

i pulled away completley, squeezing his hand quickly, before going over to dad to say goodbye.

"call us every night, okay?" dad said, kissing my forehead as he hugged me, "if not, i'm sending out a search team."

"i will," i nodded, laughing softly, "tell rachel i said goodbye, and that i love her too."

he nodded as mom spoke, "okay guys, ready to go?"

mom was going to drive me and shawn to his studio, where his bus would take us to his first destination; vancouver. it took two days to get to vancouver by bus, but we'd rather drive than fly, considering that most of his other destinations would involve flying. we could also take our time and look at sights, because the show in vancouver isn't for another four days.

"let's go," i say, allowing dad to kiss my forehead once more before i grabbed my suitcase and adidas duffel bag.

we all walked to the car and i put my bags in the trunk, clambering into the backseat. shawn slid in beside me and we did our buckles as mom started the car.

"this is going to be so much fun, having you with me," shawn whispered, putting his arm around my waist, "i'm so excited."

i nodded, laying my head on his shoulder, "me too." i reached for his hand, intertwining our fingers.

shawn fed mom the directions to the studio, as she had only ever been there once before; and when a building with a big black tour bus in the front appeared, i knew we had arrived. once parked, i got out and grabbed my stuff. i placed it on the ground, embracing mom in a hug, "i'll call you every night, i love you."

"i love you too, babe," she said, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear, "be safe and make lots of memories."

"i will," i smiled.

the door of the bus opened and andrew came out, hugging the three of us.

"hey guys! ready to hit the road?" andrew smiled.

shawn nodded, gripping my hand tightly. i quickly looked back at mom and wove as she got in the car. i turned back as she drove away and grabbed my duffel, not reaching my suitcase before shawn could take it himself. we stepped inside the bus, closing and locking the door behind us. andrew told the driver we were ready and the engine started up.

shawn and i sat on the couch and i looked at andrew as he sat down at the table across from the couch, opening his laptop and beginning to type something. shawn chuckled at my reaction of the bus and watched as i looked around.

it was like a house on wheels.

there was a flat screen tv on one of the walls with an x-box and a wii. there was a couch that pulled out into a bed, along with a mini kitchen area and table. there was a hallway, and on each side, there were three stacked bunk beds. a bathroom was beyond there, another sitting area to the left.

i let my head fall to his shoulder, my eyes beginning to fall heavy.

i heard shawn and andrew talking, but their words were nothing but muffles and echoes. i felt his arm slip around my waist but everything was a blur. within seconds, the sound of shawn's heart beating steadily in my ear put me to sleep.

i was taken out of my sleep not too long after to the sound of andrew's voice, "you should head to the back and get some sleep, candace is knocked out and you look like sleep is looking over your right shoulder."

"you should too, man," i heard shawn say as he shifted beside me.

"ehh," andrew paused, "i have work to do, not that tired anyway."

"okay," shawn said, "wake up, sweetie."

i opened my eyes, glaring at him. he laughed, "sorry love, let's get to the bunks. it will be more comfortable."

"mhm," i mumbled, my eyes falling shut again.

"she's exhausted," i heard andrew say to shawn.

he shifted, one of his arms slipping under my knees and the other wrapping around my shoulders. i barely remember him scooping me up and placing me in a bunk, draping a blanket over my body. i do remember his lips pressing to my temple again, a tingling sensation sitting in their path, "sleep tight hun."

my eyes opened slightly as i watched him crawl into a bunk across from mine, one alone being too small for the both of us.

i watched as he fell asleep, his posture relaxing. slowly, i too fell asleep, feeling nothing but excitement for the summer.

wc: 1317

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|