coming home

shawn mndes imagines
imagine xi
-
jessica's pov

"i'll miss you, love," i whispered, wrapping my arms around shawn's waist and laying my head against his chest, the feeling of shawn's arms securing around me causing me to feel overwhelmingly anxious.

the paparatzi were here, their cameras flashing madly as they were sure to catch the moment of me leaving shawn.

"i'm going to miss you too, sweetheart," he whispered, running his hands through my brown hair, "wow, is this how you feel when i leave for tour and we are saying our goodbyes?"

i laughed sadly, "yeah, but i'll be back in six months. i promise it will go by fast." the lie slipped past my lips before i could stop it, causing me to wince.

"i'm going to have to go without you for half a year, i hope it goes by fast," shawn said, tightening his grip around me.

ever since shawn and i started a relationship together, we did long distance whenever he left for tour. on occasion, i would go with him. if i didn't, i would fly and meet him at certain places.

just because we were used to leaving each other, doesn't mean it was something we enjoyed.

i pulled away from his arms and looked at him but before i could do anything, he grabbed the sides of my sweatshirt and pulled my body to his, kissing me. he kept his hands on my waist, and when i realized that i wouldn't be able to kiss him for another six months, i moved my arms to his neck and kissed him back.

he let me go when my flight was announced over the intercom, looking at me sadly. i dipped my chin towards the ground, feeling him quickly tilt it back up, "hey, don't get upset. you won't even think of me."

i snorted, "yeah, right."

i got the amazing chance to go to africa with a bunch of other girls from my nursing class and i couldn't pass it down. we were going to help children and kids get the healtcare they needed, and explore the island that we are staying on. also, we planned on getting together and providing them with educational supplies that they need to go to school.

i had to go.

"thats your cue," shawn said when my flight was announced for the second time, slipping my carry on over my shoulders.

"i'll miss you," i croaked, my voice breaking.

"i'll miss you too, but you will have so much fun," shawn winked, "go on, you don't want to miss your flight."

i nodded and kissed him one more time, giving him a sad smiled before i turned and walked down the gate to my plane.

six months later

i thought back to the memory six months ago when i left shawn to come to africa, and now, i'm coming back.

being away from shawn and my family for six months was harder than i have ever imagined it to be.

i was barely allowed to talk to him, as i was busy every day for the six months i was gone. when i was allowed to talk to him at night, he had already gone to sleep because of africa being six hours behind toronto.

when the plane landed, i got up and reached for my carryon in the over head bin, putting it across my body and stepping into the aisle. my knees cracked from the lack of use, causing me to wince.

i was happy to finally be off of the plane, as i had been cramped in it for the last sixteen hours.

when i stepped onto the escalator that carried me into the airport, the overly familiar camera flashes caught my attention.

great.

the paparatzi were here.

i looked around the crowd of people that were waiting for this flight to land and my gaze met shawn's. his eyes locked on mine and a smile spread across his face.

my heart began to pound rapidly in my chest, and i exhaled shakily. 

when i got off of the escalator, i pushed through the crowd until i seen him.

"shawn!" i cried, tears already pooling in my eyes.

"hey love!" shawn said as i jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs tightly around his waist. my arms wrapped around his neck tightly, and i instantly felt tears begin to fall.

i stuffed my face into the crook of his neck as shawn wrapped his arms around my back.

"i missed you so much," i whispered over the chaos of the airport.

"i missed you too, jessica, i missed you so much," shawn mumbled as he placed me back on the ground.

i quickly wrapped my arms around his waist, feeling his snake around my shoulders. i laid my head on his shoulder and smiled, happy to finally be back in his arms.

i didn't want to let him go.

i sniffled, unable to hide my tears, "i really missed you, i'm so happy i'm home."

"don't cry, hunny," shawn chuckled softly, swiping away my tears once he pulled my body away from his, "you know i missed you so much more. babe, you're going to make me cry."

"sorry," i laughed softly, shaking my head, "i just missed you more then what i thought. i don't like being away from you for that long."

"me either," he said, brushing a loose piece of hair behind my ear, "never leave me for that long again, i almost flew to africa."

i giggled, "i wouldn't mind if you had have."

even though i was gone for six months, i never forgot the feeling of being in his arms. it's one that makes you feel safe and cozy; one that you never want to end.

he took my hand in his and we walked to the luggage claim, my eyes begging to be shut.

my bags hadn't come yet, so we stood waiting amongst the crowd. shawn turned my body so i was facing him, leaning down and placing his lips on mine. i kissed back immediately, having missed moments like these.

when he pulled away, he let his lips linger on my temple.

"how was your flight?" he asked as i scooped my smaller suitcase up off of the conveyor belt.

"good, we had two layovers so i slept as much as i could," i yawned, "although nothing will compare to the sleep i'm going to get at home." my big suitcase came along the belt, causing me to let go of his hand and heft the heavy luggage onto the ground.

"with that long a flight, i bet you will sleep until tomorrow night," shawn chuckled, kissing my forehead.

i laughed, "the chances of that happening are high."

he smiled, reaching over and taking my larger bag into his own hands. he reached for my hand again, lacing our fingers together. we walked towards the main doors, shawn stopping to take pictures with a few fans that had caught his attention. when he finished, he came back to my side and took my hand again.

"now," he smiled, "let's get you home."

wc: 1208

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|