broken glass

shawn mendes imagines
imagine lviii
-
erica's pov

"erica, get down here!" i heard my father yell, causing me to flinch. i slowly got off of my bed, walked down stairs and entered the living room where he stood by the couch.

"what?" i said quietly, trying to avoid his gaze.

"are you being sassy?! i don't approve of sassiness!" he said, slouching over to me and grabbing the sleeve of my shirt.

he's drunk..

i whimpered, trying to tug myself free.

fear flooded through me and i swallowed hard, looking at the floor. he rose his hand and brought it down to my cheek, making a stinging sensation sit in the path of his hand.

"please" i croaked out, only managing a whimper, "please d-don't."

he muttered something under his breath before shoving me roughly. his strength caused me to hit the floor, momentarily knocking the wind out of me. i gasped, sliding backwards as he tried to come closer to me. my back hit the wall, preventing me from going further.

"please just leave me alone," i choked out, more tears leaving my eyes.

"what did you just say?" he growled, making a pure feeling of terror flood through me. my face flushed hot.

"i-i said to leave me alone! if mom was here, you'd never d-do this to me," i hiccuped.

he snarled, and threw the empty beer bottle that was in his hand at me. i screamed, shielding my face with my hands and feeling it shatter against my side. i gasped a whimper, feeling a slight sting left in the path of the glass.

then, the front door opened.

my head shot up towards the door and i met a brunette boys gaze.

my boyfriend shawn stood in the entryway of the living room, his mouth agape. he never knew my dad was abusive, because even though he always hurt me, if he went to prison, i'd have to go to a care centre.

"get out right now!" my dad yelled, pointing towards the door.

"what the fuck are you doing to her?!" shawn yelled, grabbing his phone out of his pocket and rushing to my aid. i desperately tried to reach for his hand.

"call 911 and i'll be sure you watch your little girlfriend being shot," he said, shoving something hard against my temple.

hr stumbled away in shock, quickly regaining himself, "i'm not leaving. you piece of shit! you're hurting her, she's bleeding!"

"it's none of your business," dad snarled, grabbing me and pulling me to my feet. i let out a sob, "if you knew what was best for you, you'd leave and not say a word."

shawn looked at me quickly, "b-babe."

"g-go shawn, l-leave," i whispered, tears pooling in my eyes.

he hesitated, but i snapped him from whatever daze he was in, "leave shawn, please."

i felt the metal pressed up against the side of my head again, causing shawn to start backing towards the door. with one last glance my way, he was gone fast out the front door.

come back, please come back.

he shoved me so i stumbled towards the coach, and i bit my lip to prevent from yelping in pain.

"i have wanted you gone for a while now, and now, i'm going to get rid of you," he shoved me onto the couch and pointed the gun at me.

"why d-do you hate m-me?" i cried, my words choppy because of my sobs, "do you even love me?"