mornings with you

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xli
-
shawn's pov

i held my sleeping girlfriend, georgia, in my arms, her body motionless. she was peaceful, her eyelashes resting against the skin of her cheeks. my hands gently ran through her hair, the soft strands entangling around my fingers. i was desperate to see her captivating hazel orbs that her eyelids had hidden, her eyes being something that i could get lost in at any time of any day. i didn't plan on waking her though, knowing she would appreciate the few extra hours of sleep.

today was her day off work, and i knew she was exhausted. she asked me to wake her early so we could do things together, but i didn't plan to.

i pressed my lips to her temple, feeling her arms snake around my torso. she remained deep in slumber, a sigh slipping past her lips.

i slowly continued my actions with my hands, then running my thumb along her jaw. i hummed quietly, holding her closer. her hands clutched the material of my sweatshirt tightly, and her eyes fluttered.

i remember the day i asked her to be my girlfriend.

i had planned it all out.

i wanted to take her to a small cafe, the place where we first met. from there we would go to her favourite ice cream shop, then to a small pond not far from there.

i had aaliyah help me make it look nice, having her string fairy lights through the tree branches and lay a fuzzy blanket over the small dock.

little did i know she had been hospitalized with a bad cold, and due to her asthma making it hard for her to breathe, the doctors wouldn't let her leave.

that night, i sat by her side and watched as she slept. she opened her eyes and started to cry, truly feeling guilty about all my efforts gone to nothing. i assured her that i only cared about her wellbeing, and the question came out.

it wasn't the way i would have liked to ask her to be mine, but it worked so i really couldn't complain.

i smiled as she shifted, rearranging her head on my shoulder and sighing contently. i pressed my lips to the top of her head, letting them linger there for a moment.

she startled me when she shot up into a sitting position suddenly, her face displaying horror, "shawn! i'm late!"

"honey," i whispered, "it's your day off."

realization crossed over her face, and she sighed. she practically dove into my arms, her chest against mine. my arms found her waist as hers wrapped around my neck, "thank god."

i kissed the skin of her shoulder that was peeking out from the massive hoodie she wore, paired with a pair of leggings and purple fuzzy socks. every night, she dressed as if i planned on putting her outside in the middle of the night.

"aren't you warm?" i chuckled as she buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"cozy," she mumbled.

i held her tighter, smiling.

"we should do something today," she hummed quietly, her breath fanning against my chest.

"i figured you would want to spend a day in and relax, watch netflix," i mumbled, "but whatever you want to do i am up for."

"i would love to stay in, but i don't want to bore you," she said.

"don't worry about that, hunny," i said, "if you want to have a lazy day in, that's fine."

"perfect," she said, a yawn slipped past her lips.

"go back to sleep," i said, my eyes falling heavy.

"mhm," she mumbled, pushing herself onto her forearms and looking at me. she then pressed her lips to mine, and we shared a short kiss, "i love you."

i beamed, "i love you too."

she then laid down again, keeping her body on top of mine. our legs tangled together, her body bringing mine warmth. i rubbed her back until i knew she had fallen back to sleep, before i let my eyes slip closed as well.

wc: 693

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|

a/n: this was either short and sweet or short and hideous, unsure of which though