dorm surprises

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xxvii
-
amelia's pov

as i sat in my dorm room, studying for my upcoming biology exam, i found my focus beginning to drift. i had been preparing all day, only breaking when i went to meal hall with my friends for lunch. as i let my gaze turn to my window, my phone began to ring from beside me. i groaned, putting my pencil down and cracking my knuckles before grabbing my phone. i glanced at the caller id, smiling upon seeing my boyfriend, shawn's name.

smiling, i slid my thumb across the flashing green icon and pressed the phone to my ear, "hey, hun."

"hey my girl, i miss you very much. i can't talk for long but i just wanted to hear your voice," shawn said, muffled noise playing through the background of his voice.

i frowned slightly, wanting to talk to shawn for a while considering i haven't seen him in around four months, "oh okay, i miss you too. are you at the studio?"

"yeah, andrew has been pushing us all really hard, but almost in a good way. i think this album is going to be really amazing," he said, my lips curling up in a smile at how proud he sounded, "i'm really happy with it."

"of course it will be amazing," i said, "all of your projects are."

"thanks love. what have you been up to?" he asked me, "i wish i could see your face."

"uhhhh," i paused, "watching tv with one of my friends." i lied.

every time shawn called, i would be studying for something. i have had lots of midterms and papers, and it has consumed most of my attention. he would always sound defeated as he would tell me that i need to stop over studying. i heard him sigh on the other end of the phone, catching on to my lie, "amelia, please don't tell me your studying again."

"i'm sorry," i said, feeling my eyes flutter as my body became heavy with exhaustion, "you know i can't stop. i need to get good marks so i can get a job right after graduation."

"hunny, why do you feel so much pressure to get a job fresh off grad? you seem like you're in a rush," he said, his voice soft with concern.

"ever since we have been together, you have always provided for me and given me the things that i have needed. i want to be able to do the same thing for you," i said, "when we live together, i want to be able to buy things for our place and pay bills. but i need to get a job, because i'm not where you are right now."

"amelia," shawn chuckled on the other end of the phone, "please don't ever feel like you don't do enough for me. you give me everything i want and more, and i'm being honest. i don't want you to push yourself like this just to get a job right after you graduate. it's too much."

i ran my hands along my face, "i just feel like i don't do enough for you."

"i don't want you to feel like that, ever. baby, i hate that i have to go, but it's late and you should go to bed. i don't want you to be tired," shawn said, his tone now sounding protective, "please. sleep?"

i sighed, giving in, "okay, okay, i'll go to bed. i could actually use the sleep right now."

"thank you," he said, "goodnight, i love you." i could basically hear his smile through the phone.

"i love you too, i can't wait to see you again. only two more weeks," i said quietly

"i'm counting down the days," he said, the line falling dead shortly after.

i set my phone down on the desk and closed my books, tucking them away in the shelf that was above my desk. i stood up and went to my bed, pulling down the blankets. quickly, i slipped out of my clothes and into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.

the heat system in my whole building was currently broke, so the temperatures plummeted during the late hours of the evening.

as i sat on the edge on my bed, realizing that i was beyond ready to sleep, there was a knock at the door.

who would be here at this hour?

i pushed myself from the bed and went to the door, opening it without looking in the peephole. in front of me, stood a tall brunette, a bundle of roses in his hand and his suitcase at his side.

it was shawn.

"shawn?" i covered my mouth with my hands, backing up a few steps, "oh god. y-you're here."

he nodded, opening his arms as his beaming smile pulled his lips upwards. i threw myself into his arms, wrapping my legs around my waist and stuffing my head into the crook of his neck, "shawn! i missed you so much!" i felt tears make my eyes hot, and i squeezed them shut.

he kept me tight against him, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. the tears that were pooling spilled down my cheeks, pure happiness overcoming me.

"i missed you too, beautiful. i finished classes and have no tour for the next while so i decided to come and surprise you," shawn said, allowing my legs to dangle to the floor, "don't cry, hunny." he moved his hands to my face and swiped away my tears with his thumbs.

i sniffled, seeing two students walk down the hall behind shawn; smiling at the reunion.

i glanced up at him and stood onto my tip-toes, pressing my lips to him. his arms found my waist and his lips moved against mine. his kiss was soft and gentle, and it was the feeling that i've missed the most.

"why do you have a suitcase?" i asked when he pulled away, grinning as he handed me the roses.

"i'm staying with you for the next two weeks, and then we will go home together," he said, a grin still adorning his pink lips, "i mean, if you don't mind that is."

i smiled, throwing myself into his arms once more. he chuckled, pulling my body away from his and grabbing his suitcase. we went inside, and i shut the door behind me. locking it, i seen him sit on the edge of my bed. i clambered onto his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist. i buried my head in the crook of his neck, breathing in the scent of his cologne.

"i'm really happy you're here shawn, i missed you so much," i said quietly, a shiver rocking through me.

"i missed you too, sweet girl," shawn paused, "let's go to sleep, your exhausted. and please, don't ever feel pressure to get a job so soon off university. it would be good, but you've been at this for four years straight. you deserve a break now and then."

"i know," i leaned against his shoulder, resting my head against his shoulder, "thank you."

he kissed my temple quickly, "i hate seeing you overworked, and i know you have been recently."

i shuffled back to my feet and nodded, clicking on my bedside lamp and turning off the big light. i crawled underneath the covers as shawn quickly got changed, sliding in next to me and letting me curl against his side. i held the matieral of his shirt in my fist, hearing his heart beating steadily in my ear. 

i let my eyes fall closed, the rhythmic sound making feel at ease, "i love you, shawn."

"i love you too, sweet girl, so much."

wc: 1300

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|