fire {part three/suggested}

shawn mendes imagines
imagine liii
-
brooklyn s pov
-
suggested by: sha-awn

as consciousness pulled me awake, i groaned softly. i opened my eyes, and almost jumped six feet out of the small hospital bed upon seeing someone resting their head on their arms which were perched on the edge of the mattress. their fingers were tangled with mine, and i gasped.

shawn.

i looked over at the clock, seeing as it was close to three in the morning. i turned my attention back to shawn, who was sleeping soundly. not able to help myself, i brought my free hand to his hair. the soft curls tangled around my fingers, and i bit my lip.

he had been on tour for the last two months, and i missed him. usually i tour with him, but with school; i wasn't able to.

i didn't know how long shawn had been laying next to me, but his shoulders were trembling. i frowned, noticing that he was cold. not going to lie, this hospital was freezing, but with all the blankets i was under, i didn't even notice.

i tried to shake him, knowing jet lag probably had him next to dead. he made no response, and i sighed.

"s-shawn," i croaked, my voice raspy from the lack of use. tears welled in my eyes at the thought of finally having him back.

at the sound of my voice, he sat up instantly. his droopy eyes found mine, and they instantly went wide. he stood up, throwing his arms around me. i found his torso and pulled him close, feeling his head rest against my shoulder, "i love you, i love you, i love you."

his words made tears slip down my cheeks, and i clutched onto him tighter, "you're here."

"you're here," he croaked out, pressing his lips to my forehead, "you're okay, you don't know how relieved i am."

i sniffled, "i guess it's good i'm not afraid of heights, yeah?"

"you had to jump," he choked, gently running his fingers through my hair, "i came here straight from the airport. m-mom told me and it felt like i got hit by a car."

i winced when i turned my neck to far towards him, "i missed you."

he noticed my pain, and quickly - but gently - pressed his lips to mine. his hands cupped my face and he swiped away my tears. i pulled away and looked at him, a sob rattling through me, "i-i lost everything."

shawn immediately slid into the bed next to me, pressing my head gently to his chest. i started to cry, the fear washing away my happiness. shawn's shirt was balled into my fist, and i was shaking.

"shh, sweetie," shawn muttered, "you have me, i'm here. i'm right here." he pressed multiple kisses against my forehead and temple, slightly easing me.

"t-the smoke," i stuttered, "it was-"

"i know," shawn cut me off, "i know, it was scary. i can't say you lost everything, though, because you have me. you have me and your parents and friends who all are rooting for you. we will all help you."

i shook my head, gripping onto his waist so tight i thought i may have hurt him.

"shhh, it's all going to be okay my love," shawn assured.

"w-why didn't you l-lay with me when you got here?" i asked meekly, looking up at him through my tear soaked eyelashes.

"i didn't want to wake you," shawn said, "you looked cozy."

"you were shivering," i pointed out.

"that doesn't matter," shawn wove me off, "though, all of the blankets you're under made me slightly jealous."

"get under," i sniffled, allowing him to slide even closer to me under the blankets, "you look tired."

"i didn't sleep on the plane, and if you don't count the couple hours of sleep i got here, i didn't really sleep at all," shawn sighed contently, the warmth from my body radiating onto his.

"sleep," i coughed, wincing again.

shawn started to rub my back, and it was then i notice the absence of my mom.

"where did mom go?" i whispered.

"when i first got here, her and mom went for coffee, but she went home for the night. she was tired. she'll be back first thing in the morning, though," shawn said, his fingers trailing to my arm.

i felt weak and tired, but i wanted to know every detail about shawn's tour, "t-tell me about tour. please. take my mind off-"

"okay," shawn cut me off, "every show was amazing. the crowd was the loudest in barcelona. we went to a lot of beaches, and i am for sure taking you to milan sometime. it's beautiful there..."

i felt my eyes grow heavy again, and as shawn's rhythmic voice kept speaking, i relaxed. my eyes fell shut, but i continued to listen, "...and the fans, sweetie, they were all asking about you. why you weren't with me, if you will ever tour with me again. they love you, and you will never know how happy that makes me. i have so many things for you, and in between what i bought the fans gifts, i had to buy a bag just for your stuff."

i tried to smiled, still clutching onto shawn as he fell silent. i was slipping further and further away from consciousness, and he knew so. a small chuckled slipped past his lips, and he settled in the small and uncomfortable bed a little more.

"g-go home," i managed to say, "you will sleep better there."

shawn pressed his lips to my head, "as long as i am with you, there's no place i'd rather be."

wc: 969

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|