coming home late

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xxiii
-
shawn's pov

i walked through the door, finally home from the studio. k was exhausted from the long day that i had, and was looking forward to curling up next to my girlfriend, ally, and going to sleep. i closed the door quietly behind me, knowing that she was asleep.

with my second album coming out, andrew has had me at the studio until, sometimes, ten or eleven in the evening. i knew that ally didn't like me constantly not being home, and i didn't either. i would be gone a few hours after she woke up in the morning and back after she goes to sleep. she goes to college, which means she goes to sleep fairly early so she won't mind the early morning's when she has to go to class.

i set my stuff down and quietly went up to our room, seeing ally's frame tucked underneath the white sheets. i smiled slightly and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, changing into them.

i lifted the blankets and slid in next to her. she stirred and flipped herself over, her eyes fluttering open and meeting mine.

"hey beautiful," i said quietly, laying down beside her, "i didn't mean to wake you."

"that's okay, i wasn't sleeping anyway," she joked, smiling.

"mhm," i mumbled sarcastically, smiling as i kissed her forehead.

she shut her eyes again, snuggling her head into the crook of my neck and breathing in through her nose. i never knew why, but she always loved doing that.

"how was your day?" she asked, her voice coated with sleep.

"my day was good, i told andrew that since you don't have class tomorrow, i wanted to spend it with you and not at the studio," i smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"and...?" she trailed on, looking up at me.

"and he told me that it would be fine to take tomorrow off," i said, smiling as she grinned ear-to-ear, "so we can spend the whole day together, doing whatever you want to do."

"really? that's awesome shawn!" she said, throwing her arms around my neck and kissing me again.

i smiled and kissed her back, caressing her cheek with my thumb as she pulled away. her once tired eyes now gleamed, "i definetley want to go shopping."

i let my head fall back on the pillow as a playful groan left my lips, "please, anything but."

she giggled, smacking my arm. i lifted my head and laughed, her happiness something that i found contagious. "i'm kidding, whatever you want."

ally smiled, "i missed days where we can just spend them together. you've been so busy, and i'm not saying that that's a bad thing."

"i know," i nodded, watching as she ran her fingers along the skin of my arm in a relaxing manner, "i'm sorry."

"don't apologize," she shook her head, "i'm so happy that you are doing what you love. i'm constantly proud of you."

"as i am of you," i beamed, pulling her close to my chest.

"you're probably exhausted, let's go back to sleep," ally mumbled after a moment, laying back down.

i nodded and laid back down beside her, wrapping my arm around her waist as she wrapped hers around my torso. i smiled as she laid her head against my chest, whispering three barely audible words as she started to fall back to sleep, "i love you."

"i love you too darling, sleep tight."

wc: 589

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- instagram |s.m|