Thor

Thor watched as the Frost Giants grew closer, and Thor began to faintly see Loki just a bit clearer. He looked frightened, taken aback by the Frost Giants. Loki had been in the most secure prison there was on Asgard. How could the Frost Giants have gotten him? The answer was obvious, but Thor didn’t want to face that truth. But he knew that the Frost Giants had slain every guard in Loki’s prison, probably along with anyone else who got in their way. “What is that?” Jane whispered.

            “Frost Giants… They’ve got Loki.” Thor answered.

            “I don’t see anyone… Just a bunch of these… Frost Giants?”

            “Loki is one of them… He was adopted.”

            “Oh, right.”

            “Stay here.”

            “Thor, no. I’m coming with you.”

            “These Frost Giants are evil, and they could take you. Go back to the house and warn Darcy and Erik. Tell them that you need to go to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters. Stay there until I return. I will come for you… Tell them, if they have not already, to assemble the Avengers. I have a feeling that this is an act of war and they will kill a lot of people if not stopped.”

            “Thor.”

            Thor took Jane’s hand in his, bringing it to his face. He lightly kissed her hand, never taking his eyes off her. “I will be fine. I am strong.” He said. She, in a panicked state of mind, threw her arms around his neck. Thor wrapped his big arms around her. He didn’t want to leave, but he had to hold off these Frost Giants and save his brother. “I will be there soon. I promise.” He swore. She let go of him and smiled.

            “I love you, Thor.” She whispered solemnly.

            “I love you too, Jane Foster. I shall always love you.” He said to her.

            “Please don’t leave me.”

            “I’m not leaving you. We will not be together physically, but our hearts are one. I will stay by you forever. I swear.”

            “Please Thor. It’s been so long… And now that I have you again, I don’t want you to just leave again. What if you don’t come back?”

            “Jane Foster, I swear to you that I will come back… And it will not take nearly as long as before. I was wrong to leave for so long the first time. I should’ve come back for you. But you will be in danger with me right now. The Frost Giants will see that I am in love with you if you come with me, and they will attempt to kill you… They believe that if you want to hurt a man, kill the ones he loves… You cannot come with me. Go to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters and I’ll meet you there when this is over.”

            “Thor… Please don’t leave. I’ve missed you so much. Just stay here with me… We’ll assemble the Avengers and then this will be over in no time…”

            “There is not enough time. They will kill a lot of people if some are not stopped now. They’ll be back, and that is when the Avengers will need to assemble. But I can hold them off. And that is my brother they have. I will save him… And then, the moment all of this is over, I will meet you at S.H.I.E.L.D. As arrogant as I may sound, I do not plan on dying today.”

            “Okay. Go save Loki. I’ll meet you at S.H.I.E.L.D.”

            “You have my word.”