Ororo Munroe

Ororo looked up and saw a plane. It was menacing and it shot lasers, though none able to catch up with any of the Avengers. Worried because of the lack of a plan, Ororo destroyed as many Giants and Elves as she could, whisking them away, into the ocean, where she’d directed the wind to go. She wished for a miracle, for all of them to disappear. She’d never been as much of a fighter as she claimed to be, though she did possess skills that would impress even the most skilled warriors. With her power, her mutation, she could easily take out anyone. But this wasn’t just one person. This was an army.

She watched as the clouds rolled in over the New York sky. Lightning struck all around, thunder rumbling loudly. She couldn’t tell if she was doing that or not, since she had very little control over her power, especially when she couldn’t have her entire focus on what she was doing. She looked around for Thor. It was a definite possibility that he was doing it. Sure enough, he stood with his hammer held high above his head, lighting striking from it. She watched curiously as he slammed his hammer to the ground and the electricity coursed through the ground, taking out ever Frost Giant and Dark Elf that stood in his path.

Blood covered the streets, the blood of fallen warriors, the fallen enemy. For a moment, Ororo almost felt regret, sorrow, remorse. But she shook away the thought and continued fighting in the battle. She wondered if she could add a little power to Thor’s lightning. She raised her arms and her eyes turned pure white, flashing with power. Clouds spun in the sky and she watched as a powerful tornado touched the ground. She watched as it whisked away dozens of the enemy, her teammates careful to stay out of its path. She smiled devilishly and lowered her arms. Creating a tornado that size drained her energy, which she desperately needed.

She noticed Thor looking up at her, smiling. She looked up to him, though it was not a crush. She didn’t find him attractive in that way. It was the curiosity. There was so much she didn’t know and, though she’d already learned that he knew little about Earth, she knew that he knew all about the universe, all about space and time. It fascinated her. She smiled back as her eyes turned back to normal. He turned away, continuing his fight. Too drained from that tornado, she floated above ground, using simple winds to carry the enemy away, because that was the best she could do.

She scanned the area for T’Challa, wondering how he was doing at this. She knew very well that T’Challa had always been a blood-born warrior. Combat had always rushed through his veins, and it had taken every ounce of dignity that he had in him not to simply declare war on Wakanda’s enemies when they’d had peace treaties, though they were fragile at best. He probably loved this. She searched for him and found nothing until she saw a blur of black, like something running at the speed of light.

She watched as she slowly came to the realization that it was her husband who ran that fast. She looked closer, focusing, letting it come into view. She watched and realized it was the Panther once again. Could he have possibly come that close to death again that it was unleashed from his body again? No, it couldn’t be possible. Someone would’ve been bound to notice. This was different. The Panther was unleashed for no reason.

“T’Challa!!” Ororo shouted, worried. The Panther turned to her and let out a triumphant roar. His shiny white teeth were razor sharp, looking like they could break through anything on Earth. Shaken, she flew back just a bit. Then she forced herself closer. He looked almost happy, alive, triumphant, and far from weak. He’d looked weaker before. The first time he fought hard, but you could just tell that he was weaker than he appeared. This time he looked proud and brave and triumphant and alive… It was unlike anything she’d ever seen.

She debated with her thoughts as to be worried or not. Before she could even make up her mind, a sharp stab in her stomach disrupted her thoughts and sent her tumbling to the earth, her body pounding hard against the pavement, pain coursing up and down her spine. She struggled to get up, holding her side. She’d been shot by the laser in the plane and she’d been injured. She pushed herself up onto her knees with one hand. She clenched her eyes shut, hoping to escape the pain from her wound.