Loki

Loki sat across from Helblindi, those horrible red eyes staring back at him. They sat at an almost empty table, eating the food that sat before them. Amora sat beside him, their fingers intertwined to make their charade believable. Loki looked at Amora, giving her a weak smile. She smiled back, looking back. It felt almost natural, holding each other’s hand. Loki shook away the thoughts, pulling his hand away. He jabbed his food with his fork, too sickened by Helblindi and Jotunheim and everything else that was happening to eat.

Loki, Amora, and Helblindi sat alone at the giant table. It was a bit too high for Loki to reach comfortably, but Loki was too lost in his thoughts to care. Clint stood behind, leaning against the wall and cleaning a few of his arrows. Loki had entranced him again for a few reasons. The first reason was so he could keep Helblindi from raising his suspicions. The second reason was because Clint had received a lot of injuries in his battle against the Panther, and while he was entranced he would feel no pain.

Loki sat there, forcing his thoughts away from Helblindi. He listened to everything happening through the earpiece. He subtly tapped it, changing who he was listening to. He changed it from Agent Romanoff to his own brother, who he’d spent the most time spying on. He’d been listening to everything going on between the other Avengers through the earpiece. It kept him from completely going insane in Jotunheim and it kept him up to speed. There was a war waging between the Avengers and some people after the Hulk. Thor had become king of Asgard. Natasha had become a Fire Demon hybrid. Betty Ross became the She-Hulk.

Loki felt Amora wrap her arms around him, cuddling closer and snapping him from his thoughts. Loki looked at her and saw the same woman he’d seen before her exile. She looked almost innocent again with that deviousness behind it all. She was a trickster like him, yet she had changed as well. Only Amora hadn’t come to her senses and redeemed herself, though Loki couldn’t let go of the hope that she would.

“What are you doing?” Loki whispered in her ear.

“I’m cold.” She answered.

“I’m not going to help that.”

Loki pulled away from her for her own good. She felt just as cold as he did, and that wasn’t a good thing. She was an Asgardian. She wasn’t supposed to be in such freezing weather, and her outfit wasn’t helping anything. His skin was blue, and that made his skin drop another twenty degrees under the temperature. He wasn’t going to touch her, or else she would freeze. He found himself longing to hold her for more reasons than to deceive Helblindi, but he forced the thoughts away.

“So… How long have you two been together?” Helblindi asked.

“Not long.” Loki answered.

“She’s very gorgeous. You have chosen well.”

“I more or less chose Loki.” Amora snapped.

“Yes, well, you have chosen well also, Amora. Loki is a genius and the rightful king of Jotunheim.”

“I know… That is why I love him…”

Loki glared at Amora and she looked away, staring down into her food. This food was nothing like the delicacies on Asgard or the food on Midgard. Loki jabbed it with his fork, not hungry. Loki turned back to Amora, who was now looking back at him. She seemed to plead with her eyes, crying out for him. He took her hand by his own free will, hoping to comfort his old friend. He felt weak and afraid, but he knew he had to stay strong for Amora’s sake.

“Helblindi, tell me. How did you turn Agent Barton into one of us? It’s quite fascinating and I could certainly use something like that one of these days. You must teach me.” Loki lied, looking into his captor’s burning red eyes.