Peter Parker

Peter’s Spider Sense was ringing louder than it ever had before. He didn’t need it though. He knew that danger surrounded him. The Avengers were still on their quest to reach Jan, but they weren’t there yet. Now the Avengers were fighting against the Dark Elves, and though they had already fought the Mandarin and his army, the Frost Giants, and the Hulk Busters, they continued to fight without growing weary. They had to keep fighting. Humanity as they knew it was at stake.

Peter sensed a Dark Elf approaching from behind him and he quickly whipped around before the Elf could do any harm. It all seemed to go in slow motion, like time itself was slowing down and Peter was still moving as quickly as ever. He quickly shot his web at the Elf before leaping into the air quickly and flipping over it, kicking it from behind and knocking it out cold. Peter had never been one to fight armies, but he didn’t think he was doing to bad. Peter was beginning to feel like he belonged with the Avengers, instead of the outcast he’d felt like when he’d first joined. They were accepting him just like he was accepting them, all of them different but all of them having one common bond. They were all perfectly and fantastically flawed, and together, they were invincible.

Smiling beneath his mask at the thought, Peter leaped into the air, shooting a web and swinging from it, joining Steve, who looked like he was having just a bit of trouble against the hoard of Dark Elves that he was struggling to contain. He shot a web at the three Elves that the Captain was wrestling with, wrapping them up and slinging them violently against the wall before dropping beside his fellow Avenger. The two punched out some of the Elves together, the Avengers fighting for humanity, fighting on the side of the angels.

The Avengers were on the side of the angels, though Peter knew that they were not angels, but very far from it. They were all desperately, hopelessly, and miraculously flawed, not one of them normal, most frowned upon by society, many, including himself, slandered relentlessly by the media, but none of them ceased to fight valiantly against the forces of evil, the ones who threaten their very existence, the ones who attempt to cut the threads of humanity and cause the downfall of the precious earth, forcing the innocent to their knees, only to kneel to their dictator. That is what the Avengers fought against, and what they’d always fight against.

Peter smiled as he fought, thinking of how he was earth’s defense. Though it was a lot more pressure than what Peter had ever been used to, he decided that he liked the thought of being apart of the world’s greatest league of superheroes, the only league of heroes, except for the Justice League, but they never did a whole lot of good. Where were Superman and his prancing ballerinas while the whole world was being terrorized by an insane war criminal? Okay, Peter had to admit that Batman was pretty cool, but he knew that the Batman didn’t really deal with any threats outside of Gotham city.

Peter shook away his wandering thoughts and returned his focus to the battle as one of the Dark Elves approached quickly, causing his Spider Sense to go into extreme overdrive mode… Again. Time once again slowed down around him as he quickly dodged the Elf’s attack, leaping in the air, getting away from the enemy. He shot a web down at it and pulled it away from the Captain, slinging it toward Tony, who was firing his repulsors at several Elves. The repulsor blast incinerated the Elf as it flew into the line of fire.

Peter fell to the ground and then quickly leaped back up, shooting a web toward the ceiling before landing there and sticking to it. He watched as the Captain looked up at him and tossed him his shield. Peter caught the shield and leaped down, landing on the shoulders of an Elf and quickly chopping its head off with the razor-sharp edge of the shield, the blood spurting out and the head tumbling off of its neck and rolling across the floor as it fell limp, Peter leaping off of its shoulder before it fell. He flipped backwards and joined Loki, who was shooting blue waves of energy from his staff at the Dark Elves, taking them down with ease.