Chapter 1: New students

*EDITED*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: New students

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

The screaming of my alarm clock over my head woke me from my amazing sleep. Reaching up onto my headboard, I slap the top, hitting the snooze button. I lay back down and snuggle deeper into my blankets but am interrupted by Fiera.

“Come on, get up and go get ready. Ichigo will be here any minute to walk to school with you.” She states, urging me to get out of bed.

“Why can’t I just skip today? It’s not like I need to further my education anyway.” I complain, climbing slowly out of bed and stretching my tired muscles.

“You enrolled so you could blend in, and it’s mandatory for students to attend school. So stop your whining and go get ready.” Fiera orders.

“Whatever.” I grumble as I walk over to my closet. Grabbing my school uniform from inside, I head over to my bathroom to take a shower.

I quickly finish up my shower, hop out and get to work drying my hair and getting dressed. I yank my skirt up onto my hips, button my shirt and slip on my shoes. Just as I am about to leave the bathroom, I catch sight of my eyes.

Those red eyes, the ones that will always haunt me with my past. Shaking my head, I avert my gaze from the mirror and exit the bathroom, making my way downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and grab my favorite cereal and a bowl, pouring the chocolate puffs into the bowl. Situating myself at the kitchen table, I begin to eat in silence. Well, it’s not like there was anyone to talk to.

A knock sounds at the door just as I am putting my dishes into the sink. I walk over to the door and open it, revealing my orange haired friend.

“Hello Ichigo.” I smile, opening the door further so he could come inside.

“Good morning, Kira.” Ichigo greets and walks in, plopping down on my couch. “You ready to go?”

Nodding, I make my way to the stairs. “Yep, just let me grab my bag then we can get going.” I state before running up the stairs at top speed and into my room. Snatching my bag into my hands, I make my way back downstairs.

Ichigo was waiting for me by the door so I took this opportunity to sneak up on him and jump onto his back. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, making sure I was securely latched onto him.

“Jesus, Kira. Don’t do that!” Ichigo laughs, placing his hands under my thighs to keep me up.

“Learn to keep your guard up then.” I reply. “Come on, let’s go or we’re going be late again.” I laugh, urging him to get a move on.

Ichigo sighs and opens my front door, stepping outside and beginning to flash step towards the high school.

The wind whipping around my face felt amazing, sending me into a relaxed state upon Ichigo’s back. Just as we approached the end of my street, I felt a weird presence up ahead.

“Hey, Ichigo stop for a second.” I mumble, climbing of his back once he had stopped.

“What’s the matter?” Ichigo asks, but I just wave him off and continue walking forward. Ichigo follows after me and falls in with my steps.

When we reach the end of the block, I see three people walking towards us from the left street.

Two guys, one girl. The first guy had black hair and green eyes and looked a little taller than I was. The other guy had bright blue hair and eyes to match and was taller than Ichigo by the looks of it. The girl had spiky blonde hair and green eyes and was about the same height as Ichigo.