Chapter 40: Dream or Reality?

*Kira's P.o.V*

I walk down the hallway, the halls completely silent, no sound what so ever. It was around five in the morning when Halibel came into my room and told me that there was a meeting in the throne room and that Aizen wanted me present.

It’s also been four days since I came back from the Soul Society and four days closer to the battle between the Soul Society and us. I have spent the last three days in my room, and one of them training on Aizen’s orders.

I reach the throne room and stand in front of the big white door. “Kira.” I mumble sleepily. The door slides open slowly to grant me entrance and reveal everyone.

"Welcome Kira. I am sorry for waking you so early.” Aizen apologizes from the front of the room.

I just wave him off knowing that if I spoke I would probably start yelling and snapping on him, and that wouldn’t turn out go. I just settle for walking over to Ulquiorra and taking my seat.

"Tired?” Ulquiorra asks, leaning back in his chair.

I nod and lay my head down on the table in front of us. “Yes.” I mutter as I bury my face in my arms. Since I got back, I’ve been staying in my own room since mine was fixed while I was gone. And, because of that, I haven’t been getting any sleep. Which sucks.

"As you all know, the winter battle will be starting in four days. But we must all be prepared a day before if we are to win. Also, five outsiders have entered Hueco Mundo. Two souls reapers, a substitute soul reapers, a Quincy and another person.” Aizen explains, then pauses to take a sip of tea before continuing. “I don’t want any of you to pursue them just yet. Wait for my command. Let them reach Las Noches first before we make any sudden assaults. That is all.” Aizen says as he gets up and takes his tea with him before exiting the room with Gin and Tosen.

Sighing, I got up and started leaving the room. I feel someone behind me so I keep on walking. “What do you want?” I ask the person behind me while still walking away from them.

"Where are you going?” Ulquiorra asks, his voice hard.

"To go back to sleep. You don’t expect me to get up right now do you?” I ask, turning around to face him.

"Okay. See you when you wake up.” Ulquiorra says before he turns and walks the other direction. Well that was weird.

I turn back around and start making my way to my room. Once I get there, I open the door to see Grimmjow laying on my bed looking through my clothes that were strewn across my bed. Grimmjow doesn’t even notice me come in.

I walk over to him just as he picks up a pair of my underwear. Walking behind him, I snatch it out of his hands and throw it to the other side of the room.

"Those aren’t for you to look at.” I growl as I plop down on the bed next to him.

"I’ve already seen them lots honey.” Grimmjow winks at me as he pulls me on top of his chest and holds me there. “I’ve missed you.”

"You still have to tell me your decision.” I state as I lay down on his chest, my head laying on his shoulder.

"Right, I do.” Grimmjow says as he runs a finger across my back in swirling patterns. A involuntary shiver runs across my body and I realize how much I missed his touch.

"What is your answer?” I ask, looking up at him.

"I want you. No one else. Just you, if you’ll have me again.” Grimmjow says as he runs his hands up my sides till they were resting on my hips.

"Prove it.” I say, my eyes staring into his.

A smirk plays on his lips as he stares at me. “I only want you.” Grimmjow purrs as he leans in and plants a soft but hungry kiss on my lips. “No on but you.” He leans back in and places another kiss on my lips.

"Fine. I believe you.” I smirk as I grab his face in my hands and pull him back towards me. Grimmjow rolls us over so he was atop of me and I was under him. I deepen the kiss by wrapping my hands around his neck and tangling my fingers through his hair.

"I missed you.” Grimmjow purrs, his voice laced with lust. I smile into the kiss and roll over so I was now on top and continue kissing him. That’s how I fell asleep, kissing Grimmjow and in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up with a smile on my face and a tingly feeling my stomach. I roll over in bed to feel emptiness and coldness. Where was Grimmjow? I sit up and look at the end of my bed. There was no pile of clothes. I look over to the corner where I threw the underwear. There were no underwear.

What’s going on? Was last night just a dream? I have to figure this out, before the battle begins. Or before the intruders get here. Either way, I have to find out if last night was a dream, and if Grimmjow has made his decision.

Why was my life so complicated.