Chapter 22: Why?

Chapter 22: Why?

I step back into Las Noches feeling angry. How dare Ichigo say that stuff! I hate him right now. I huff and start walking to Aizen’s throne room but am stopped by someone grabbing my wrist.

“What?” I snap at Grimmjow. He looks taken back and I immediately feel guilty. “Sorry Grimmjow.” I mumble.

“It’s ok. Where are you going?” Grimmjow asks, letting go off my wrist.

“To my room to sleep.” I shrug and start walking to the my room. Grimmjow nods and walks in the other direction leaving me alone. I run back to my room and fall on my bed, closing my eyes and trying to get to sleep.

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~

I am woke up by banging on my door. Groaning, I crawl out of bed and shuffle to the door and opening it. Standing there was Grimmjow, with only one arm.

“What happened?!” I ask shocked.

“Nothing. Just got into a fight and lost my arm. Not that bad.” Grimmjow shrugs.

“Not that bad? You lost a fucking arm for god’s sake.” I reply.

“It’s fine. But we have to go, Lord Aizen wants us in the throne room now.” Grimmjow says and we rush down the halls.

We get there and are greeted by Kaname. “Come in Kira, Grimmjow.” Kaname opens the door and allows us inside.

I look around the room to see everyone there. The room was completely full of Espada, Fraccions and random Arrancars. Wonder what’s going on.

“Please come here Kira.” Aizen smiles and motions for me to come to him. I obey and walk over to him, taking a seat next to him.

“Yes?” I ask as I look around the room at everybody.

“I would like you to say hello to our new guest.” Aizen says. Ulquiorra comes in with someone behind him.

“Who is it?” I ask. Ulquiorra walks to the front, still shielding the person. I soon figured out it was a girl.

“Ulquiorra, show her to Kira.” Aizen smiles. Ulquiorra nods and pulls the girl from behind him and shows her to everyone. My eyes widen in shock and some happiness at who it was.

“Orihime?” I ask, walking up to her. Orihime spots me and smiles.

“Kira!” Orihime says happily. She runs up to me takes me in a big bear hug, squishing the life out of me.

“H-hey…can’t…..breathe…..your squishing……me!” I manage to spit out with the lack of air.

“Oh! Sorry Kira!” Orihime apologizes before letting me go. I nod and fix my outfit, straightning my shirt and jacket. “Why are you here?” She asks.

“I’m an Arrancar as you can see.” I motion to my neck and head where my mask was located. “Soon to be Espada to. Anyways, I don’t know if I’m supposed to talk to you so I’ll see you later.” I wink and go and sit by Halibel.

I start to doze off into my own world but am pulled back out when I hear shouting. I look up to see Grimmjow and Luppi arguing. What’s going on?

“We don’t need her here!” Luppi shouts, pointing at Orihime.

“Just shut your mouth! I don’t want to here any more of your nonsense!” Grimmjow yells back, anger on his face.

“You…” Luppi doesn’t get to finish his sentence because Grimmjow shoves his hand through his chest. Blood spurts out his mouth, nose and wound.

A sadistic smile crosses over Grimmjow’s face, his eyes lighting up. Everything seems to go slower as Luppi falls to the ground, Grimmjow rips his hand out and starts smiling, and Orihime stand there in shock. I sit there, my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open.

“Hey girl, heal my arm.” Grimmjow points to his shoulder without the arm. Orihime nods and walks over to Grimmjow, raising her hands.

“I reject, Koten Zanshun.” Orihime says and a bright orange shield thing appears over Grimmjow’s arm, healing it. His arm starts reappearing, completely healed and fine, just how it was a couple hours ago.

After his arm was healed, I stand up and walk out of the throne room and towards Grimmjow’s room. I don’t know why I went there, but I just thought it felt right.

I wasn’t really paying attention to where I was headed and when I came to a door, I knew it wasn’t Grimmjow’s room and I didn’t really care. I just pushed open the door, went inside and laid on the bed. My eyes closed and I drifted of to sleep.

It felt like minutes later but it was probably hours, when I felt the bed sink and someone lay next to me. “Sh, go back to sleep Kira.” The person soothed. I nod and snuggle up to them, immediately falling back to sleep.