Chapter 25: Man in black and going back?

I was walking along an empty and dark road, completely alone. Looking around, I saw flickers of red and gold eyes through the trees, watching me. Howls could be heard, some distinct and others not so much. Bottom line was, I was scared shitless.

Everything was bright and sunny, then it all turned black and spooky. Don’t know why, just did and it was freaky. I kept walking, keeping an eye on my surroundings and the things in front of me, which was nothing, except for a guy.

He was just standing there, shrouded in darkness and shadows. He wasn’t moving and it looked like he was staring at me. Not creepy at all right? Wrong! I stop walking and stare at him, trying to read him or his emotions. Nothing radiated off him.

The leaves of the trees rustled and I swear I could hear someone whispering. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. Run. The voice whispered over and over again, getting louder each time.

He’s gonna get you. Gonna catch you. He’s gonna kill you. Kill you. Kill you! Run, run, run! The voice says, it getting louder and angrier.

Out of pure fear, my body turns on its own and runs away, down the empty street and away from the man. I look behind me and see he isn’t there anymore. Turning back around, arms grab me and I see the man standing in front of me. His head was bowed and a black hood was covering his head.

A scream bubbles in my throat but nothing comes out. What’s happening?! The man looks up, his eyes closed, and a straight line on his mouth. Slowly, his eyes open to reveal beady gold eyes, glowing with malice. His mouth twists up in an insane grin and a demented laugh escapes his lips.

"Found you.” He purrs, his voice dripping. As if on queue, the scream hanging in my throat finally comes out, echoing through the trees and surrounding us. Birds flew off and the man’s eyes burned brighter and his smile twisted more. “Kill.” He laughs.

My eyes widen as I feel a pain shoot through my stomach. I look down and see a knife in my gut, blood gushing out and glinting off the blade. “Why?” I sputter out. He smiles as I fall to the ground, everything going black.

I jolt up in bed, a cold sweat on my chest and face. What was that dream about? I flip the blankets over and pull my shirt up, revealing my stomach. I run my fingers over my stomach and wince in pain as I feel a small line running down the center of my abdomen. Was I really dreaming?

Sighing, I climb out of bed and look over to the window in my room. Light was peeking through, illuminating the room. Better get up ‘cause there’s no way I’m gonna get back to sleep.

I walk over to my wardrobe, grab out my clothes and walk to my bathroom. Setting my stuff on the counter, I turn on the shower and let it heat up before hopping in. I quickly wash the sweat of my body before washing my hair.

'Was it real? Or was it really a dream?’ I think as I let the water hit me.

'I don’t know. I couldn’t tell but something felt off about it. Let’s just forget about it okay? You might have a battle today.’ Fiera says as I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around myself.

I quickly dry off before slipping on my clothes and doing my hair. I slide back out into my room and put my boots on, grabbing my dagger and slipping it away. Ready.

I make my way over to my door and open it to see Dyan standing there smirking. “Go away.” I growl. He just smirks and follows me down the hall.

"Not such a nice greeting but I’ll take it.” Dyan smirks. I pick up my pace, and he follows suit.

"Screw off Dyan. I’m not in the mood.” I snap, glaring at the space in front of me.

"Ouch. Don’t be so mean, you’ll hurt my feelings.” Dyan frowns, but it quickly changes back to a smirk.

"If you wont leave me, I’ll leave you.” I say before sonidoing away. I stop at the throne room doors and see I am alone. Thank god. Knocking on the door once, I wait a few seconds before they open up. I walk in and stand before Aizen.

"Kira, what brings you here?” Aizen smiles.

"Am I fighting today?” I ask.

Aizen laughs then shakes his head. “No my dear. But I would like you to go to the World of the Living and help collect info. Ask Grimmjow and he will tell you whether you will help collect info or help distract the Soul Reapers.” Aizen explains and I nod, turning ready to leave. “ One more thing.”

"Yes sir?” I turn back around to see Aizen smirking at me.

"I want you to return to the human world, stay there for a while until I call you back. You will be going there to keep watch and you will be leaving tomorrow morning. And if you accomplish this, then you won’t have to fight and I will assign you to an Espada ranking that best fits you. Three other Espada and Arrancars will be joining you. Meet them in the training fields. Have fun Kira.” Aizen smiles before shooing me out.

I’m going back to the World of the Living? Wonderful. And I say that with complete sarcasm. If I thought things were interesting before, they certainly are now.