Chapter 37: Catching up

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

The sky was black and everything was quiet as I walked around the Seireitei. Everyone else was asleep so I took the opportunity to sneak away and take a quick walk around the place.

After talking with Toshiro, I realized how much I missed this place and the people here. I’m actually glad I agreed to come on this mission, but if they ever found out I was working with Aizen, who knows what could happen.

Looking around, I saw that I was just outside Squad 11 barracks. Time to pay a visit to Kenpachi. I sonidoed through the front gates and down the pathway to Kenpachi’s room. Sliding the door open, I peek my head in and look around. I spot Kenpachi sitting at his desk with his back to me. Perfect.

Sneaking over, I quietly move until I am behind him and place my hands over his eyes. “Guess who?” I whisper, moving my face down so it was level with his shoulder.

"Hm, let’s see. Kira.” Kenpachi guesses, grabbing my hands with his and pulling them away from his face. He flips around in his chair so he was looking at me while holding my wrists.

"It wasn’t me, it was the ghost.” I smirk.

"Of course it was.” Kenpachi laughs at me, letting my wrists go. “What are ya here for now?” Kenpachi asks as he walks over to the right side of the room and sits down on the couch.

Shrugging, I walk over and plop down next to him. “Just thought I’d come visit my favorite enemy.” I say, resting my head on the back of the couch.

"Enemy? That’s not very nice. And if I recall, I beat you last time we fought.” Kenpachi says, giving me a sinister smile.

"Nuh uh! I won and you know it! Don’t try and deny it mister!” I whine, poking him in the chest. Kenpachi looks at me with a disbelieving look. “Don’t believe me? Fine, let’s have a rematch.”

Kenpachi laughs before looking back at me with a smirk on his face. “I’m up for it. Come find me when you wanna fight. Just remember, you asked for it.” Kenpachi says, his smirk getting eviler.

I smile and get up off the couch and walk to the door. “Sounds good. See ya later Zaraki!” I yell as I sonido away. I stop running when I get to Squad 10 barracks.

Walking in, I see Toshiro standing in the opposite doorway. With only his blue boxers and a white t-shirt on and his hair was slightly messy. Point blank, he looked really cute.

"Hey Shiro.” I smile as I walk over to him.

Shiro looks up at me and smiles. “Hey, what are you doing up? I heard someone outside so I came to check.” Shiro says as we walk down the hallway to the rooms.

"I went for a little walk. I couldn’t sleep.” I shrug.

"I see. Well, you should probably get some sleep. I’ll see you in the morning, ’kay?” Shiro asks as he turns to me.

"Yeah, sure. See you in the morning.” I say. I am about to turn and walk into my room, but Shiro grabs my hand and stops me.

"Kira, I…uh…. I really missed you.” Shiro says nervously.

Turning around to face him, I a small blush starts to creep onto my face. “I missed you to Shiro.” I reply, my face already heating up.

"I’m glad you back.” Shiro says as he looks down at the ground. “Please don’t leave again.” Shiro whispers as he looks back up at me. When he looks at me, I have the sudden urge to kiss him. Stupid hormones.

"I won’t.” I whisper back as I lean over and hug him. Shiro wraps his arms around me and hugs me back. We hug for a few more seconds before I slowly pull away.

I get about halfway away when I stop. Shiro looks at me and the urge to kiss him comes back. “Kira….I….” Shiro begins but I stop him by leaning in and placing my lips on his.

"I know Shiro.” I whisper against his lips. I feel Shiro smile as he kisses me again before he pulls away.

'Let’s get to bed.” Shiro whispers as he takes my hand and starts walking to his room. We walk in and over to the bed where I crawl in followed by Toshiro. I snuggle up against him with my head resting on his chest and his arm around my waist.

"Night Shiro.” I whisper.

"Night Kira.” Toshiro whispers back.

That’s how I fell asleep, in Shiro’s arms. Maybe staying here wouldn’t be bad, and maybe, just maybe, I could stay forever.

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

*Grimmjow’s P.o.V.*

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. Like complete and utter shit. Don’t know why, but I just woke up and I felt like someone was trying to rip my insides out.

Crawling out of bed, I walked over to my dresser where my phone was. Grabbing it, I flicked it on and scrolled to Kira’s number. I click it and text her a quick message saying, ‘Call me, we need to talk.’ Setting my phone down, I walk out of my room.

I get about halfway to the throne room, when another wave of sickness washes over me. Doubling over, I lean on the wall for support. What was wrong with me today?

After coughing for about five minutes, I am finally able to stand up and continue walking.

While I am walking, unwanted thoughts wander into my mind. What if Kira never wants to see me again? What if she’s moved on? What have I done?

I better fix this before I lose her forever.