Chapter 21: Encounter

The portal re-opened and we stepped out. Darkness filled my vision as my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

"You two keep watch while Yammy and I collect the thing we were sent to get. We will meet back at Las Noches." Ulquiorra says before sonidoing away with Yammy.

Grimmjow and I were left alone. I turn to face him and walk over to him, hoping on his back. "What are we supposed to do now?" I ask, immediately bored.

"Wait and keep watch. Also fight any Soul Reapers that might come. Let's just walk around for now." Grimmjow says as we start to walk around aimlessly.

I feel the air tighten as someone's spiritual pressure comes closer to us. Bad thing was, I recognized it."Do you feel that?" I whisper.

Grimmjow nods and stops, scanning the area. I jump off Grimmjow's back and pull my jacket hood up and over my head. Soon enough, someone appears in front of us. It was Ichigo.

"Grimmjow, what are you doing here?" Ichigo asks, his hand resting on Zangetsu.

"Ah, just some business that you don't need to worry about Ichigo." Grimmjow smirks, which sets Ichigo off.

"What do you really want Grimmjow?" Ichigo asks, his voice harsh.

"Like I said, none of your business." Grimmjow replies.

I just stand there, hoping Ichigo won't see me or recognize my spiritual pressure.

"Who is she?" Ichigo nods towards me. Does he not remember me?

"Aizen's new toy. You should know her, you two were like best friends." Grimmjow laughs.

I growl at Grimmjow for almost revealing me. Walking over to him, I smack him upside the head.

"Shut up." I growl fiercely. Grimmjow shoots me an apologetic look before turning back to Ichigo.

"What do you mean? I don't know her." Ichigo scoffs. I stare at him, my head cocked slightly to the side. He really doesn't remember me.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

*Ichigo's P.o.V.*

I study the girl next to Grimmjow. She was short and very pretty with a nice figure. She was wearing white short shorts and a matching crop top with short white jacket. The hood to the jacket was pulled up over her head so I couldn'tsee her face. But I could see her eyes. Her eyes were glowing and staring at me through the darkness.

"What do you mean? I don't know her." I scoff. She did seem familiar but she was also not.

'Who is she?' I ask myself.

'How could you not recognize her? God, your stupid Ichigo.' Hichigo lets out a laugh.

'Who is she Hichigo?' I ask.

'Pull her hood down and you'll find out.' Hichigo sings.

I nod and walk over to the girl, staring down at her. She keeps her head level, not letting me see her face. A wind picks up and blows her hood, almost making it blow off but not quiet.

We stand there, me staring at her and her staring at the ground. A big gust of wind hits me and her and her hood finally blows off. My eyes widen in shock at who it was. Standing before me was....Kira.

~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~

*Kira's P.o.V.*

My hood blows off from the sudden wind, and before I could stop it, Ichigo's eyes widen in shock.

"K-Kira?" He stutters, taking a step back.

"Ichigo." I smile at him, but it wasn't a happy smile, it was sad.

"What...what happened to you? I thought you left." Ichigo explains, his eyes still wide.

"I did, and I changed. I am now a Arrancar. Soon to be Espada." I smile at him. "I am now Aizen's." I state simply.

Ichigo looks taken back. "Why did you leave?" He asks, his voice sad.

"Because I had to." I whisper, my head dropping.

"No you didn't! You could have stayed!" Ichigo shouts, angry.

"Yes I did! Or else all of you would have died!" I yell back, my anger rising. I left to protect them, not hurt them or betray them. I would rather it be me than them. Simple as that.

"But...we could have helped you to stay. You didn't need to go. You really didn't.!" Ichigo cries.

"Yes she did. She left because she wanted to protect you, got it? Now do you really wanna fight about something as stupid as this?" Grimmjow looks amused.

"Shut up Grimmjow!" Ichigo yells, anger clear on his face. "And yes I will fight about this!"

"Grimmjow let's go. We don't need to concern ourselves with this." I say as I turn and start to walk away.

"Fight me Kira!" Ichigo yells and I am shocked.

I turn and face him. "No." I stat simply.

"What? Why?" Ichigo asks.

"Because, I'll kill you." I shrug.

"Hah, no you won't." Ichigo laughs.

God, how I hate being underestimated. In a flash, I am in front of Ichigo with my hand wrapped around his throat. "Don't underestimate me. I can kill you, I am stronger now and stronger than you. Understood?" I look him in the eye.

"K-Kira." Ichigo manages to stutter through my grip. I drop him and he falls to a crumpled heap on the ground.

I kneel down next to him and lift his head so I can look him in the eyes. Once he is looking at me, I hold his neck and hand. Staring deeply into his eyes, I begin to plant images and memories and erase some.

His eyes glaze over and turn a deep black, telling me it's working. "You will not remember that I am an Arrancar. You will not remember seeing me. All you know is that I left town for a while. You will miss me but don't come looking for me. Goodbye Ichigo." I whisper as I lean down and kiss him on his forehead.

I step back and see that on his neck where my hand was there was now a small pair of eyes with fire surrounding them and little paw prints running through them. A small 'K' was beside each eye. Hmm, a marking, from me.

"Let's go." I state to Grimmjow and he opens the portal. I step inside and Grimmjow follows.

"What about Ulquiorra and Yammy?" He asks as the portal starts to shut slowly.

"I don't care. Let's just get out of here." I mutter as the portal closes, cutting of the contact with the World of the Living. Goodbye, Ichigo.