Chapter 46: Saviour

Chapter 46: Saviour

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

I had to get out of here. I couldn’t stay any longer or I fear that I would die from all the emotions swirling around in me. Everything was gone. Everything has been taken away from me in such a short time.

Shortly after Grimmjow died, Ulquiorra went off to finish Ichigo. He didn’t come back. That’s when I new I had to leave and find the one person who was still alive. Toshiro.

I promised myself that I wouldn’t lose another person I cared about. And hopefully, I can keep that promise.

Running down the halls to find my brother wasn’t an easy task and when I did, I was jumping up and down in relief. “Ren!” I shout, speeding over to him and jumping on his back.

“What?” Ren asks, his voice irritated as he pries me off his back.

“I’m leaving.” I whisper, my head hung down.

“Why?” Ren asks, his tone suddenly becoming softer.

“Their dead. I can’t stay. I need to go and save Shiro before he dies to. You can come if you want, but you don’t have to.” I mumble as I start walking away to the main hallway.

From behind me, I hear Ren’s loud footfalls. “No. I’m coming. Let’s go.” Ren says. I nod and open the portal to the World of the Living and quickly jump in with Ren right behind me.

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

When we get to the World of the Living, the battle was in full swing. Everyone was fighting and the whole town was a complete wreck. Buildings were blown to bits, roads smashed and other things scattered in various places.

I take a deep breath before focusing on Toshiro’s spiritual energy. If I could concentrate enough, I could find him. A few more seconds. Hah, got ya! My eyes fly open and I sonido in the direction of Shiro, a determined smile on my face.

I see him just as he starts fighting with Halibel. My heart clenches and a plan forms in my mind as Ren appears behind me. “You better hurry up before he dies.” Ren whispers in my ear.

I nod in understanding before I sonido out of my hiding spot and towards Shiro. My arm wraps around his waist and I hold him tightly as I dodge a blow from Halibel as we escape.

I keep moving until we are about two hundred feet away from the battle. Shiro looks around confused until his eyes land on me, them widening in shock and happiness.

Shiro jumps on me and pulls me into a hug. “Kira. What are you doing here?” Shiro asks as he smothers me into his chest.

My arms wrap around him and I hug him tightly, savouring his warmth. “Shiro.” I whisper, hot tears forming in my eyes. A sob escapes my lips as the tears overflow.

Shiro hears my sobs and pushes me back a little ways so he could see my face. “Oh Kira, your crying. What happened?” Shiro asks as he wipes away the tears.

“They’re dead. He killed them and now there dead.” I sob, more tears spilling. “I didn’t know who else to go to. I didn’t want to lose you to.”

“Kira. You won’t lose me. Don’t worry. I’m here for you. Please don’t cry.” Shiro sooths as he wraps me in another hug.

And that’s how we stay. Me in Shiro’s arms, crying, as he comforts me for all the loses in my life.