Chapter 34: Feelings

*Ren’s P.o.V.*

I was running out of time. Kira was back in Las Noches, and I had no way to get to her. I had to protect her at all costs. They were going to come for her any time now, and I had to protect her when that time came.

Problem was, Kira didn’t trust me, she wasn’t in the world of the living, and I had no way to make sure she was safe. Lying to Kira was the best thing to do, but it was hard for me to lie to my twin.

That night at the party when she asked why I stabbed her, I lied. I had said that mother told me to that, but that wasn’t the reason at all. I had done that because they were watching me and they had told me to kill her, or they would kill anyone I had ever encountered. Including myself.

Even though I triggered the curse, they now believe Kira is dead. Hopefully that will last a little while until I come up with a plan. I just hope Kira will stay alive till then.

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

Bright light shone through my eye lids, irritating me immensely. I try to roll over in bed but something stops me, a hard something. Peeking an eye open, I look up to see Ulquiorra looking over a clipboard with papers.

“You’re awake.” Ulquiorra states as his eyes roam over the pages on the clipboard.

Pushing myself up, I prop myself up against the pillow that Ulquiorra was sitting against. “Yeah.” I say still groggy from sleep. I sigh and close my eyes and try to remember what happened last night, but my mind was a fuzzy blur. “Hey Ulqui, what happened last night?”

Ulquiorra pauses and sets his clipboard down before looking over at me. “We went to a party.” Ulquiorra states simply before picking the clipboard back up.

“I know that. But what happened after that?” I ask, searching my mind for any hint as to what happened last night. “All I remember is….”

“What do you remember?” Ulquiorra presses, still looking at his clipboard.

“I remember….. Me kissing you.” I say as bits and pieces of last night enter my mind. “After that, nothing.”

“Yes, you did kiss me.” Ulquiorra pauses again and looks away from his clipboard and over to me. “And I kissed you back.”

“You did?” I ask in disbelief. Does that mean he liked it? Does he like me?

“Yes.” Ulquiorra says, his face still emotionless as he stares at me. “After we kissed, you passed out. I carried you back to my room so you could sleep.”

“Uh, well thanks. So, um, was that your, uh, first kiss?” I ask, my words coming out in stutters.

“No. Well, the first one in a long time.” Ulquiorra explains. I nod and look down at my lap. What if he didn’t like kissing me? “I liked it.”

My head snaps up and I look at Ulquiorra with a shocked expression. Did he just say he liked it? He did! Yes! “You did?” I ask, a grin starting on my face.”

Ulquiorra nods and scoots closer to me, pulling me into his arms. “You make me feel Kira. I’ve never felt before, it’s new to me. I actually don’t know how to feel. But you, you make me feel human.” Ulquiorra says, his chin resting on the top of my head.

I sigh and lean into him. “Then I will teach you how to feel. I will make sure you keep on feeling. No one has to know, it will be our secret. But I promise, you will continue to feel.” I lean away and look at Ulquiorra in the eye.

“Fine. If you are going to do this then kiss me again.” Ulquiorra states, his eyes looking into mine.

Nodding, I crawl back over to him and sit in his lap. “Of course.” I whisper as I lean in closer. My lips are just about a centimetre away when I feel Ulquiorra’s hands snake around my back and pull me closer to him, our lips touching.

I smile into the kiss and reach my hands up into his midnight hair, running them through it’s softness. His lips were soft and warm, and the kiss was gentle and soft. It was amazing.

Pulling away gently, I smile at him as I lean down on his chest, his arms still wrapped around my waist. “Wanna go do something?” I ask, my voice rumbling off Ulquiorra’s chest.

“Yes, but first there is a meeting in the throne room that is starting soon. Aizen want’s us to attend. I’ll let you get ready, then we will go.” Ulquiorra says. I sigh and nod before pushing myself off of Ulquiorra’s chest.

Walking over to my bag, I reach inside and pull out my white outfit. I slip it on and pull on my boots before placing my Zanpakuto in it’s sheathe. I quickly run a brush through my hair before walking back over to Ulquiorra and pulling him off the bed.

“Ready?” I ask, pulling Ulquiorra over to the door.

“Yes.” Ulquiorra mutters. I smile and we start walking down the hall, Ulquiorra and my hand clasped together.

We get about halfway when Ulquiorra stops me and pulls us over to an abandoned corner. “What is it Ulqui?” I ask.

“Kira, I…” Ulquiorra starts but stops and takes a deep breath. “I really like you.”