Chapter 44: Reuniting

*Kira’s P.o.V.*

One day. That’s how long I had to sort everything out before the battle. One day. It wasn’t enough, but it just had to be. I had to make it enough.

Yesterday, I decided that I needed to make everything right and confront my problems head on. Good choice right? I really hope so.

My first stop was to see Ulquiorra. I though that seeing him first was the best option, considering I already knew what I was going to say to him, which wasn’t much.

I raise my hand and just as I am about to knock, the door slides open and Ulquiorra ushers me in. Walking in, I take a seat on the couch opposite of the bed. Ulquiorra follows behind me and takes a seat on the bed.

“Ulquiorra, I need to talk to you.” I say, making sure my voice didn’t waver.

“Yes, of course.” Ulquiorra says, his eyes staring at me and his face blank.

“Ulqui, I….um….I think….” I pause, hanging my head. “I can’t do this anymore. Everything’s just so confusing, that I can’t handle it anymore. I’m sorry it had to end this way, but it’s for the best.” I explain as I stand up and walk slowly over to him.

Ulquiorra stares at me with emotionless eyes. What’s he thinking? “I understand.” Ulquiorra finally says, still staring at me.

I nod and pull him into a hug. “Thank you. Don’t forget, I still love you.” I mumble, pulling back and pecking his lips before standing up and walking out of the room.

Taking a deep breath, I make my way to Grimmjow’s room. One down, two to go. I reach Grimmjow’s room quickly, and knock on the door only to be pulled into a tight hug and into the room.

Instinctively, I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me, savouring his scent and touch. I feel Grimmjow’s chin rest on top of my head and his arms tighten around me.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Grimmjow whispers. I feel a smile creep onto my face as I pull away from him.

“I know and I’m sorry.” I say as I look up at him, my arms still wrapped around his neck.

“About what?” Grimmjow asks as he pushes a strand of my hair out of my face.

“About everything. Everything that has happened these past weeks, it has all been my fault. And I am sorry for that.” I say, bowing my head down in shame.

“No, don’t be sorry. It wasn’t all your fault. It was some of mine to. I should be the one apologizing, not you.” Grimmjow says, his eyes twinkling down at me.

I nod and stand up on my tip-toes, pecking him on the lips. “Shut up.” I smile at him just as he kisses me fiercely. I move my hands from his neck and into his hair, pulling it lightly. Grimmjow growls hungrily as he tries to devour my lips with his. I can tell how much he missed kissing me.

I smile into the kiss and push him backwards, towards the comfort of the bed. Grimmjow bumps into it and falls down with me on top of him but we don’t break the kiss.

Grimmjow flips us over so I was now under him and continues the kiss. I feel a hand crawl down my side until it was resting on my hip. I smile and rub my hands up and down Grimmjow’s hard chest until I felt his six pack. Yummy.

Grimmjow’s tongue slithers across my bottom lips, demanding entrance. I part my mouth open slightly, letting Grimmjow in before shutting it tight, his tongue pushed out. Grimmjow lets out a low growl of frustration and I smile at his stubbornness.

I part open my mouth and let him in, his tongue exploring my mouth with happiness. His hands run up and down my sides, sending tingles all throughout my body. It felt absolutely amazing kissing him.

Slowly, I pull away and look up at Grimmjow who had a smirk plastered on his face. “That was awesome, babe.” Grimmjow smirks, his fingers playing with my hair.

“I know.” I breath, my face flushed from the heat of our make out session. A smile takes over my features and I see Grimmjow’s face light up before it falls again. “What’s wrong?”

“I have to go.” Grimmjow mutters as he stands up and pulls on his jacket. When did he take it off?

“Where?” I ask, suddenly worried at the sudden change in his mood.

“They’re here. I have to go and keep them away for as long as I can.” Grimmjow explains as he walks over to me and pulls me into his arms. “I promise I’ll come back soon.”

I nod as he pecks my lips and walks out of the door, leaving my alone with my thoughts.

I touch my lips with my hand and think things over. Why did I have the sinking suspicion that what Grimmjow said was not the truth?