Chapter 39: Say goodbye

*Toshiro’s P.o.V.*

Right then and there, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Looking down, I stared at Kira who was looking at the man before us in complete and utter horror. I look back up and glare at the very man who has ruined everything good in my life. Sosuke Aizen.

"Kira, my dear. It’s time to go home now.” Aizen smirks down at Kira who was sitting on the ground.

"Why?” Kira croaks out, her eyes bubbling with tears. This wasn’t the Kira I knew. This Kira was completely crumbling under his words. I had no clue why, but this was killing her.

"It is time to come home. We must prepare you. Now, come along.” Aizen says as he extends his hand out to Kira.

"Yes.” Kira whispers as she pulls herself off the ground and takes his hand, letting him help her up.

"Very good my dear. I am proud.” Aizen praises Kira as he pulls her closer to his side.

"Aizen, why are you here?” Captain Yamamoto’s voice booms over the silence.

"I am here to collect my possession.” Aizen snaps, his eyes fixating on Yamamoto.

"She’s not yours!” I shout, anger bubbling up inside me at his last comment.

"As a matter of fact, she is mine. And why would you care? It’s not like she belongs to you, Toshiro.” Aizen says calmly to me, his gaze traveling over to me.

I growl at him, my hand automatically reaching behind my back for my Zanpakuto. “Let her go Aizen.” I growl, my voice deadly with venom and hatred.

"First he crumbles Momo and now Kira. I will not let him hurt her, or anyone else. This is the day it stops.

"What are you going to do to make me?” Aizen tempts, his mouth curving up in a smirk.

"I will kill you.” I snap, pulling Hyorinmaru out of it’s sheath and drawing it out to Aizen. I point the blade’s tip right at his heart. “Let her go.”

"Shiro, please.” Kira cries, her body crushed against Aizen’s.

"No, Kira. I won’t let you go, not again.” I reply, my voice hard and determined. It was true, I wasn’t going to let Kira go, never again.

Kira pushes out of Aizen’s grip and stands in front of my Zanpakuto, her eyes staring at me. “Shiro, please. Just let me go.” Kira pleads, her eyes deepening to a fiery red.